059V7N7 VAR LTA UY ANTEL BLACK SL
059V724 VAR LATAM AR CV SKD RED
059V722 VAR LATAM AR CV SKD BLACK
059V3L0 AMERICAS WHITE SWAP
059V3L1 AMERICAS RED SWAP
059V3L2 AMERICAS YELLOW SWAP
059V3K8 AMERICAS BLACK SWAP
059V3L8 PWBASSY LIGHT SWAP ENGINE GLOBAL

Region for my 1520.3 is Mexico. Ours is CV's.

I just confirmed by trying myself. The RM-940, and RM-937 roms will not work on these phones. The UK version with Cyan will not allow data to work on 8.1. I spent all day yesterday trying. And the RM-940 roms won't even load. Saving you guys some time.

So far, no one has been able to update from DP to Cyan. They all have to roll back to 8.0.

These are roms we need to watch if our area gets cyan! None of these have Cyan as of yet.

Tracy Daken

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
That is the same as mine. Mexico Region. Not sure. CV's were first in the UK though. I think the CV's will be the first of the region to get it.

Richard Silvera

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
are you running DP 8.1 or WP8? Or did you downgrade to 8 if you whee at DP8.1, any cyan yet? I got a 937 from omegacell, have DP 8.1, heard ATT got there USA cyan today don want to downgrade to WP 8 just yet and realize no cyan in canada? Wonder who approves our cyan since 1520 isn't in canada....mhmmm

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
are you running DP 8.1 or WP8? Or did you downgrade to 8 if you whee at DP8.1, any cyan yet? I got a 937 from omegacell, have DP 8.1, heard ATT got there USA cyan today don want to downgrade to WP 8 just yet and realize no cyan in canada? Wonder who approves our cyan since 1520 isn't in canada....mhmmm

The update will be approved by whoever originated your phone. Has nothing to do with what carrier you are currently on.

drachen23

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by who ever originated your phone?

What carrier's brand is stamped on the front of the phone. If it's an AT&T phone, AT&T has to approve Cyan/8.1 before you can update. If it's Movistar, Movistar has to approve Cyan/8.1 before you can update. If it's unbranded, Nokia can release it at their discretion. It's just that the hardware for different regions can vary quite a bit (mostly radios or the wildly different AT&T version) so you can't just flash a UK ROM onto a Mexian device and expect it to work perfectly.

Tracy Daken

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Let me verify this so we all understand. First of all: know your model number (RM-937,938,940). You cannot make a 940 work on a 937 rom.

Second step. Once you do that, however, understand that YOU HAVE TO DOWNGRADE TO 8.0 IN ORDER TO UPDATE TO CYAN. This was verified my me, and many others. As of right now, unless Microsoft says it is fine (which I doubt they will worry about) you have to downgrade.
A. With this in mind, I would wait on DP until I hear reports of my Specific model number (RM-938 ECT) Once that is confirmed, back up my settings on DP, then download the rom on NSU. AFTER that update to Cyan on that rom. After I get on cyan, factory reset to clear bugs, then restore from backup.(DP back up works on Cyan ^^).

Say I have a RM-938, and any carrier or update from LTA comes up for the 1520, I can use NSU and downgrade to 8.0 and then update to cyan without any risk. Updates are tied to that specific rom, not your carrier. So a Country variant 938 comes up, and say, I have an OmegaCell Phone (938 also), I can download the rom from NSU and flash it to my phone. Update check on there and go to Cyan without an issue.

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Second step. Once you do that, however, understand that YOU HAVE TO DOWNGRADE TO 8.0 IN ORDER TO UPDATE TO CYAN
I don't think this will be the case for me. Once the new firmware is available on Nokia/Microsoft servers, I will just use Nokia Care Suite to download it and flash it directly into my phone. It's like formatting your computer regardless of what system it's running, and installing a new system.

kabel_mk

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Let me verify this so we all understand. First of all: know your model number (RM-937,938,940). You cannot make a 940 work on a 937 rom.

Second step. Once you do that, however, understand that YOU HAVE TO DOWNGRADE TO 8.0 IN ORDER TO UPDATE TO CYAN. This was verified my me, and many others. As of right now, unless Microsoft says it is fine (which I doubt they will worry about) you have to downgrade.
A. With this in mind, I would wait on DP until I hear reports of my Specific model number (RM-938 ECT) Once that is confirmed, back up my settings on DP, then download the rom on NSU. AFTER that update to Cyan on that rom. After I get on cyan, factory reset to clear bugs, then restore from backup.(DP back up works on Cyan ^^).

Say I have a RM-938, and any carrier or update from LTA comes up for the 1520, I can use NSU and downgrade to 8.0 and then update to cyan without any risk. Updates are tied to that specific rom, not your carrier. So a Country variant 938 comes up, and say, I have an OmegaCell Phone (938 also), I can download the rom from NSU and flash it to my phone. Update check on there and go to Cyan without an issue.
What is RM-938 ECT?

Richard Silvera

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
So has anyone with the 938 937 gotten cyan yet? That's all i want to know cause i don't want to downgrade my DP and end up not being able to get the update yet.

Al4video

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
What carrier's brand is stamped on the front of the phone. If it's an AT&T phone, AT&T has to approve Cyan/8.1 before you can update. If it's Movistar, Movistar has to approve Cyan/8.1 before you can update. If it's unbranded, Nokia can release it at their discretion. It's just that the hardware for different regions can vary quite a bit (mostly radios or the wildly different AT&T version) so you can't just flash a UK ROM onto a Mexian device and expect it to work perfectly.

there's no carrier brand on these phones. They are factory unlocked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo