Just updated my phone to Cyan!

Tyler Swindell

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Does the official 8.1 update have all the Sense apps? I don't want to lose Data Sense. I didn't have it on WP8 on my 1520 until I upgraded to the 8.1 developer preview. I dont want to downgrade to get the official update to get Cyan if at&t decided to strip it out again...

Mess096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Does the official 8.1 update have all the Sense apps? I don't want to lose Data Sense. I didn't have it on WP8 on my 1520 until I upgraded to the 8.1 developer preview. I dont want to downgrade to get the official update to get Cyan if at&t decided to strip it out again...

Data Sense is in there and functional.

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't see the Google option on my 1520 after the Cyan and 8.1 update (1520).
Now that the Windows Phone OS is free, its hard to believe that MS will encourage other services.

vimajm

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
WP_20140724 1.jpgWP_20140724 2.jpgWP_20140724.jpg

*noticable changes from dev preview

new color profile , we didnt get the brightness adjuster bar others got , lost and option to change only show clock in peek screen, bit different wake up screen transitions, new arrow at wifi icon in statusbar

NOKIA PRO CAM(dont know if available in dev preview)

new focus light option , only advanced option is shown (no night mode , and others) , new framing grid options , lost ability to capture and save in RAW format

INTERNET EXPLORER
lost ability to change search engine

bug fix:
poping sound when forwarding video

Last edited:

blur510

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering, I have an unlocked ATT 1520 using it on T-Mobile, will I be able to update this today? I have the developer preview and I don't want to roll back just to find out that I can't get 8.1 an cyan thanks

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering, I have an unlocked ATT 1520 using it on T-Mobile, will I be able to update this today? I have the developer preview and I don't want to roll back just to find out that I can't get 8.1 an cyan thanks
If it's running on the ATT rom then yes you'll be able to update it today, unfortunately you'll have to downgrade back to WP 8 to get the Cyan firmware. Or you could also wait till Microsoft enables the Preview for Developers program and you should be able to update to Cyan without rolling back, again I'm not 100% sure about it though

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

If its from AT&T you should have it if your in a region they're releasing the update in. Not from TMo, you should say thank god at this point because TMo is not releasing updates for any Lumia phones soon. October maybe but not soon.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Mostly speculation as TMo US refuses to hurry up, simply saying "Later this year" both times I've asked in the span of a month. So assuming later as not soon it'll be no earlier than late September which is a total joke and a middle finger in your face.

It was via twitter, id upload a screenie but I'm on my L521 and the app can't upload images yet.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Mostly speculation as TMo US refuses to hurry up, simply saying "Later this year" both times I've asked in the span of a month. So assuming later as not soon it'll be no earlier than late September which is a total joke and a middle finger in your face.

It was via twitter, id upload a screenie but I'm on my L521 and the app can't upload images yet.

Well last time T-Mobile released the black firmware update for the 925 before ATT did so i guess they might not delay till that long. Secondly most of the support folks don't necessarily give the correct information everytime (harsh truth)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo