Resize an image to fit start screen?

tamburlaine138

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
So I'm playing around with 8.1, and am trying to get an image I like as my start screen background. But no matter what I do to resize the image in Photoshop or what have you, my 1520 always wants to crop it. I want to use the entire image. Is there a way to resize it to get it to fit?

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
So I'm playing around with 8.1, and am trying to get an image I like as my start screen background. But no matter what I do to resize the image in Photoshop or what have you, my 1520 always wants to crop it. I want to use the entire image. Is there a way to resize it to get it to fit?

You need to match the proportion of the screen without distorting the image. That's what the built-in crop app is trying to do. What you can do is get a zoomed out image you want and crop it on the phone by zooming in and out to crop and show the entire image the way you like it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The section used is narrower than the display's resolution, so perhaps if you get a screenshot of the start screen, measure from edge of left tile to edge of right tile, and try resizing to fit that -- or the ratio of the crop box, that might be better.

ukedave

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Can someone PLEASE for the love of god take the math out of this for me and tell me what size resolution images I need to make to get THE ENTIRE picture onto the start(home) screen without having to use that damn auto crop?

According to a screenshot from my phone, the actual width of pixels displayed on the home screen is about 990x1920, or 90 pixels less then the stated 1080pixel resolution. However, creating an oversized 1170x1920 does jack **** and the auto crop comes into play once again not displaying the whole picture for the home screen.

This is the most frustrating thing about my 1520, even more so then the device's light bleeding around edges and the tap instead of swipe bug.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss