RM-821 920 Developer Device Cyan update?

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I'm reaching out to everyone with Lumia 920 that's using the 059R4H6 ROM aka "RM-821_eu_euro1_425" or the Lumia 920 Developer Device handed out during BUILD.

I'm wondering if anyone of you got the Cyan update? I would think that most people with this ROM (if not all) are on the 8.1 Developer Preview, which is blocked by the cyan update, but has anyone tried rolling back to 8.0 to see if the cyan update is available?

Thanks!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Updates to the developer rom actually happen pretty late, flash it to the Rogers pentaband rom so that once releases cyan you'll get it

MyThIc3LiTe

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Updates to the developer rom actually happen pretty late, flash it to the Rogers pentaband rom so that once releases cyan you'll get it

I'm running RM-821_eu_euro1_425 right now as well, so which Rogers pentaband ROM would I flash that would preserve my unlocked pentaband use, because I use this phone on Wind.

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Just check on the Nokia cyan update schedule... Not released for 920 yet!
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
I'd love to follow the schedule schedule, but im not sure which country and which variant the developer device falls under.. I know I posted the question a little early as no 920 got cyan yet but just wanted to know incase the dev device gets it early.

palmujukka

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to follow the schedule schedule, but im not sure which country and which variant the developer device falls under.. I know I posted the question a little early as no 920 got cyan yet but just wanted to know incase the dev device gets it early.

The preview doesn't change your phone's country/region.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm running RM-821_eu_euro1_425 right now as well, so which Rogers pentaband ROM would I flash that would preserve my unlocked pentaband use, because I use this phone on Wind.

You can flash the Rogers 920 ROM, it's pentaband. I've one and its pentaband

So even though I have a Euro Dev ROM on my Rogers 920 (that I used on WIND), my Cyan release is still tied to whenever Rogers releases it?

Nope your Cyan release is tied to the ROM, in this case when Nokia/Microsoft pushes it for the developer devices which is usually pretty late

MyThIc3LiTe

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
You can flash the Rogers 920 ROM, it's pentaband. I've one and its pentaband

Nope your Cyan release is tied to the ROM, in this case when Nokia/Microsoft pushes it for the developer devices which is usually pretty late

Ahh I see.

Which Rogers ROM do you recommend I flash then, since I don't have the original one saved anymore.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Ahh I see.

Which Rogers ROM do you recommend I flash then, since I don't have the original one saved anymore.

You can download the RM-820 with product code 059Q6W4, that's for the black variant but it really shouldn't matter. Also was there a reason why you flashed to the Euro Dev ROM? I had flashed it before but had issues hence rolled back to the stock Rogers ROM.

MyThIc3LiTe

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
You can download the RM-820 with product code 059Q6W4, that's for the black variant but it really shouldn't matter. Also was there a reason why you flashed to the Euro Dev ROM? I had flashed it before but had issues hence rolled back to the stock Rogers ROM.

I simply flashed it to get onto Amber but then I got the Black update as normal so I never bothered going back, plus with NCS being shut down (is it? Or what that something else?) I didn't want to screw around with the ROMs again and mess something up.

Does the 059Q6W4 ROM preserve the unlocked pentabands then? If so, I'll give it a shot?

And can I just use NCS to pull the Rogers Black ROM or do I have to download it on my own and then install it manually? Its just been so long since I've flashed any phone and I'm uneasy.

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Does the 059Q6W4 ROM preserve the unlocked pentabands then? If so, I'll give it a shot?

And can I just use NCS to pull the Rogers Black ROM or do I have to download it on my own and then install it manually? Its just been so long since I've flashed any phone and I'm uneasy.

Yes the Rogers 920 and the developer 920 were the only devices that supported AWS, I've a Rogers variant which I use on T-Mobile that's why I can confirm that it supports AWS and LTE band IV. Secondly you can download the ROM directly using Nokia Package Manger which is part of the Nokia Suite

mdram

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the 059R4H6 ROM and no Cyan update yet. I can't use the Rogers ROM because it blocks internet sharing on my 920 (I'm on Bell).

sparrow00 sparrow

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
hey I just wanted to tell you that I own a SIM unlocked ATT lumia 920 rm-820 that I flashed to RM-821 French Amber update about 1 year ago which allowed me to get OTA updates. I downloaded and was running Prev for Dev. Was not receiving official Cyan/8.1. I was unable to use the Nokia software recovery tool to downgrade from Prev for Dev because the tool did not work for my phone. So again flashed my phone to Rm 821 French Amber update. Doing this has led me to OTA updates to official Cyan/8.1 on August 22 2014 USA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss