CYAN update Live for Lumia 1020 ?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
will firmware workacross different lumias?
. Now seeing that pretty much every man and his dog is chasing the cyan update here is something that I noticed on NOK website hopefully it will divert some minds and maybe open a new dimension for the updates.

My 1020 was a HK CV FW ver ending in 1003, I flashed it to AU CV FW ver ending in 1006. Both RM-875.
With all the confusion, I think this is almost like throwing the cat among the pigeons.

I read somewhere that Canada got updates for Lumia 1020 so while on the NOK website this is what I see.

Canada FW ver for L1020 3051.40000.1347.0001 under 2 carriers.
US FW ver for L1020 3051.40000.1346.0001 under AT&T
The rest have it as 3051.40000.1345.XXXX

If you look under Africa Some regions like Angola and Egypt,
L925 and L1020 both have 3051.40000.1345.1001

Why these variations? and how is that both 925 and 1020 have the same FW ver no. Does it mean that the 925 can be flashed with 1020? and vice versa

It gets interesting AU CV is 3051.40000.1345.1006,
Singtel in Singapore has the same 3051.40000.1345.1006 what does this mean? Singtel testing AU firmware in effect?
Singapore L1020 CV is 3051.40000.1345.1012
while AU L925 undre telstra is 3051.40000.1345.1012. Does this mean Telstra carrier is testing 1020 FV for Singapore with their 925?

Sure enough they have different RM-XXX so how does this work?
Anybody shed light on this one? Nokia playing games?

Cheers

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Skamath..

I know with Verizon and At&t, they tend to make hardware changes such as print their Logos on the top or back of the deivce, as well as a few internal changes such as their own antennas and radio software for use on their own 3G & 4G CDMA bands and the phone is permanently locked to At&t.. so they use different firmware (hardware) numbers, so they cannot be flashed with a CV rom. In US they have 2 types of carrier CDMA and GSM.. CDMA for the locked carriers and GSM for open CV.. In EU and most of the world we have GSM, but Microsoft/Nokia arent playing with us.. its just carrier/region variations.

Thats as far as my knowlegde goes with carriers and bands, but theres alot of people and Mods on here, who know all about this so maybe they can expand more or correct my mistakes.

------------------------------------------------------------

Personnally though.. for this thread..

Im in UK with a Black 1020 GB-CV. I know Nokia have added some exclusiove camera features into Cyan for us 1020 owners.. but come on MS, Where is it. I did read somewhere that the 1020 cyan was going to be released at the same time as the 1520, but so far.. Nothing.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Im in UK with a Black 1020 GB-CV. I know Nokia have added some exclusiove camera features into Cyan for us 1020 owners.. but come on MS, Where is it. I did read somewhere that the 1020 cyan was going to be released at the same time as the 1520, but so far.. Nothing.

Is it like exclusive to GB or L1020 allover? Any links to read?

About the firmware vers, I wondered why the versions are same even if the RM-XXX are different? Like the Singapore's 1020 CV is AU Telstra's 925's. It is guaranteed to have different RM-XXX for 925 and 1020.

To some extent with the 1020 I can understand the FW ver being same in AU CV and Singtel network. What I cant get my head around is Singapore cv 1020 having same FW ver of AU 925 on Telstra network.

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Personally I am really waiting for Cyan. I am encountering so,e rare problems regarding Nokia Camera and picture editing using the latest DP.
Just yesterday two of my shots can't be edited. One just says the media can't be displayed, the other one shows a green image with nothing to see. Last month I wanted to reframe a decent shot I took, the image suddenly turned black and then it was gone for good.

While this happens really rarely, it still gives that highly mixed feeling of doing a jeopardy when editing or sometimes even taking pics with Nokia Camera. I hope Cyan, with official drivers, can fix this.

So far I am also a bit disappointed by the fact the 1020 got nothing yet. However seeing neither the 920 nor the more recent 1320 got it yet shows there is no real pattern Microsoft follow when rolling it out. Last but not least o2 DE is again slow as hell, they still haven't rolled out the 925 Cyan yet!

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Personally I am really waiting for Cyan. I am encountering so,e rare problems regarding Nokia Camera and picture editing using the latest DP.
Just yesterday two of my shots can't be edited. One just says the media can't be displayed, the other one shows a green image with nothing to see. Last month I wanted to reframe a decent shot I took, the image suddenly turned black and then it was gone for good.

While this happens really rarely, it still gives that highly mixed feeling of doing a jeopardy when editing or sometimes even taking pics with Nokia Camera. I hope Cyan, with official drivers, can fix this.

So far I am also a bit disappointed by the fact the 1020 got nothing yet. However seeing neither the 920 nor the more recent 1320 got it yet shows there is no real pattern Microsoft follow when rolling it out. Last but not least o2 DE is again slow as hell, they still haven't rolled out the 925 Cyan yet!

With the photos F&*(ed up by DP are they in the memory when accessed why USB from a PC?

what sort of settings did i have? like low and high resolution, low and DNG? all gone? soft reset helped?

I just have one issue with the editor. You cant save multiple edited photos from the smart cam. What good is a editor on high end cam phone if you cant edit one photo multi times?
Eg I took a photo in smart cam mode of my 2 month old Son who is very animated when awake. His head was still but arms and legs were all over the place :) when you open in nokia camera the first image I saved was action shot and when I go back to camera roll the original is chanegd to the action shot that I took. I wanted one still "best shot" from it but it meant I had to edit the action shot to get it. When I save the best shot I lost the action shot? In short you just have only one pic. So much for Smart cam.:angry:

staticx57

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

I joined just so I can comment on this. I have the same problem. I also get the green images problem. Seems like it doesn't matter if it is camera beta or just camera. It seems like when ever I open the picture in camera later to edit it might happen. But as long as I use something that doesnt touch the full resolution image it is fine. The 5 MP picture is always fine even if the 38 MP picture is corrupted. The only work around I have found is to leave the full res picture alone and transfer it to my computer so it will not get corrupted before messing with it.

staticx57

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
With the photos F&*(ed up by DP are they in the memory when accessed why USB from a PC?

what sort of settings did i have? like low and high resolution, low and DNG? all gone? soft reset helped?
Even though I am not him, I have the same problem and I will share what settings I had. I use high res + low res. The high res jpg is corrupted and it will show green both in the gallery and when you transfer it to a pc. I have soft reset and it still persisted. I have updated to 8.1 and had the same problem.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I joined just so I can comment on this. I have the same problem. I also get the green images problem. Seems like it doesn't matter if it is camera beta or just camera. It seems like when ever I open the picture in camera later to edit it might happen. But as long as I use something that doesnt touch the full resolution image it is fine. The 5 MP picture is always fine even if the 38 MP picture is corrupted. The only work around I have found is to leave the full res picture alone and transfer it to my computer so it will not get corrupted before messing with it.

Even though I am not him, I have the same problem and I will share what settings I had. I use high res + low res. The high res jpg is corrupted and it will show green both in the gallery and when you transfer it to a pc. I have soft reset and it still persisted. I have updated to 8.1 and had the same problem.

I just have one issue with the editor. You cant save multiple edited photos from the smart cam. What good is a editor on high end cam phone if you cant edit one photo multi times?
Eg I took a photo in smart cam mode of my 2 month old Son who is very animated when awake. His head was still but arms and legs were all over the place :) when you open in nokia camera the first image I saved was action shot and when I go back to camera roll the original is chanegd to the action shot that I took. I wanted one still "best shot" from it but it meant I had to edit the action shot to get it. When I save the best shot I lost the action shot? In short you just have only one pic. So much for Smart cam.:angry:

Well just the other day I couldnt resist my temptation and installed the camera update. After that one of my problems solved which is the multiple save option. That being said I have a new issue like you have that is I have just one Black photo which was taken using smart cam. Although sometimes it shows up but then it is gone. As for the green shot. I have a feeling it could be the hardware which is corrupted. IF none of the resets woked I would say try Flashing your firmware with Nokia care suite for store and see how you go.
With both issues I would also recommend posting it in the L1020 Forum under the issues with Lumia 1020. You might get a better response.

Roberto Velazquez R

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
A very god friend of mine who works for Nokia told me that Cyan for the 1020 and 520 is going to be released the third week of august, at least in Latin American, he is a serious guy

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
A very god friend of mine who works for Nokia told me that Cyan for the 1020 and 520 is going to be released the third week of august, at least in Latin American, he is a serious guy

Can you also ask this serious guy why us much later than the world? BTW if Nokia has decided 3rd week of August what are the netwroks testing all these days? and are they going to release at the same time?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi All The update is LIVE!!!! I am DL it right now. installing the pre update update started the process at 6.10 am here in aus.
right now migrating data in step 3. Thank you MS for finally releasing it here

7.00am and the gears are spinning at 10% this is the 8.1 gears btw

The updates finished and I LOVE IT already. 7.18 am it was all done and dusted. 475MB worth of DL for the update.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05