I am dissapointed.

LesyTehNoodle

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Greetings!
So, I bought the Nokia Lumia 520. The phone is great but, there are some few things that irritate me a lot. First of all, the lack of apps:
It lacks the apps like Snapchat. Some apps are utterly bad like YouTube and Facebook. I need to use 3rd party app to watch videos... This is the biggest thing that bothers me, give me good official apps and I will stay the lumia user forever. I am still waiting (like the most users) for 8.1 update and I hope,
I hope it will make improvements and fix the issues that bothers me !!
Cheers.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
For snapchat - 6snap
For youtube - Metrotube or MyTube
For facebook - Facebook Beta + Messenger

WP is relatively new platform so you shouldn't expect tons of official app but that means apps like 6tag and 6snap are miles better than official Instagram BETA and Snapchat (doesn't exist!)

For anyone who always wants latest and greatest apps - iOS is the platform.

LesyTehNoodle

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
For snapchat - 6snap
For youtube - Metrotube or MyTube
For facebook - Facebook Beta + Messenger

WP is relatively new platform so you shouldn't expect tons of official app but that means apps like 6tag and 6snap are miles better than official Instagram BETA and Snapchat (doesn't exist!)

For anyone who always wants latest and greatest apps - iOS is the platform.
Tried 6snap, I don't really like it. I don't want to pay for YouTube apps so I can watch videos, luckily I found a 3rd party one. Facebook is okay-ish and Messenger doesn't have any issues that bothers me.
Hmm will the 8.1 fix the major issues with apps?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
6snap has more features than official app and is designed the metro way. 8.1 has nothing to do with apps. 8.1 is from Microsoft for OS update it brings features to OS but apps are brought to WP by devs. Devs tend to launch apps mostly along with iOS and Android esp in 2014 but we didn't see that earlier. Slowly apps situation is improving and we do have 270,000+ apps. However, WP is 3rd largest OS so it won't have the collection as big as the top 2.

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Okay then, looks like I am stuck with this phone until I get an android or iOS one. Anyways, thanks for clearing some stuff up.
Cheers!
Keep in mind that one of the reasons for lack of apps is low user base compared to iPhone and android. However, thanks to budget phones like the 520 and the awesome camera tech and software by Nokia, WP is starting to pick up users. And in response the app market is growing as well. As user base grows, your major app developers will start adding their apps to the market. Submit requests to major developers like SnapChat. If they get enough requests and know there is a market in the WP arena, they may get an app out sooner than later.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Okay then, looks like I am stuck with this phone until I get an android or iOS one. Anyways, thanks for clearing some stuff up.
Cheers!

An android with the same price as a 520 will be very primitive will help you lose your mind . And of course there is no iPhone by that price.

Value wise, you are way ahead from the market.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
An android with the same price as a 520 will be very primitive will help you lose your mind . And of course there is no iPhone by that price.

What taymur said. What other truly Smart phone can you get for the price that is going to run the Latest version of the OS?

viswanathansri

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
There are 100s of youtube apps that are free . Just search for "youtube" in the store and you will be flodded with options . In my opinion , myTube app is the best ($0.99) but you can get free apps like "Youtube HD" which are free and do a great job .

Pradika

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
There are 100s of youtube apps that are free . Just search for "youtube" in the store and you will be flodded with options . In my opinion , myTube app is the best ($0.99) but you can get free apps like "Youtube HD" which are free and do a great job .

Yeah, but the first YouTube player from microsoft has the best UI and menu, but now just a LINK

LesyTehNoodle

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site

Look, I like the Lumia overall but, the app support is just awful. I will wait for 8.1 update to see what new features it will bring, and if it delivers, I will stay nokia user forever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes