Battery life for those who have Cyan on Lumia 925.

madailjoao

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I think BUY a 2000mah battery and expect a two or three days is asking for trouble, not make.

I have a moderate to have usage. Whatsapp, email, 9gag app, browser and music. The battery easily last a day. I think 2000mah is enough for 90% of people.

In 8.0 my Phone at the morning is at 98% - 96%. In 8.1 my Phone is at 90% - 85% with the same apps, sorry but this is not evolution... at lunch I have no battery on 8.1, in 8.0 im on 42% atthis time. And my Phone is for work, not play games or listening to music.

josh715m

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't think there is a solution...but to carry a USB battery bank.

Unfortunately this seems to be the only way.
It's been six or seven months since I got my L925, after the novelty passed I couldn't ignore that one of the weak points of this model was battery life.

I love the phone, it's gorgeous, slim, great screen and camera. It's my first mobile with WP and so far I'm pretty satisfied :) with the OS. However after the black update it was obvious that battery life was not being improved, had high hopes for the cyan update regarding this issue but I agree that 2000mAh it's not enough :( and the situation won't get better at least for this model unless some kind of deep firmware and software reform is done which is unlikely due to its current eol status and the new flagships.

In my case battery life is almost the same with WP 8.0/8.1 black/cyan firmware, I can't tell about the previous f version.....

Last edited:

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
In 8.0 my Phone at the morning is at 98% - 96%. In 8.1 my Phone is at 90% - 85% with the same apps, sorry but this is not evolution... at lunch I have no battery on 8.1, in 8.0 im on 42% atthis time. And my Phone is for work, not play games or listening to music.
But, like I say before, this is not normal.

Savo83

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I was going to post on here until I seen this thread.

The battery life on the 925 is absolutely ridiculous. This needs to be addressed so it would be good if we could get an article or something on the main page so we can get the vast majority's attention.

The issue seems to have got a lot worse for me just before I installed the dev preview
The dev preview/8.1 has NOT fixed it
Cyan will also not fix it

There is something drastically wrong with this device. FIX IT.

josh715m

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I was going to post on here until I seen this thread.

The battery life on the 925 is absolutely ridiculous. This needs to be addressed so it would be good if we could get an article or something on the main page so we can get the vast majority's attention.

The issue seems to have got a lot worse for me just before I installed the dev preview
The dev preview/8.1 has NOT fixed it
Cyan will also not fix it

There is something drastically wrong with this device. FIX IT.

So let's try to get some attention ⚠. L925 owners that are unhappy with battery life come by and post something to keep this thread up.

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

II'm almost the same, and I just chat and browse

chalx

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I enrolled again in to developer preview, but this time from Cyan, so now I have DP8.1 running on Cyan firmware. Battery life is ok, slightly worse than 8.0. Now I can squeeze around 12hrs with one charge.
Sent from my RM-892_eu_finland_202 using Tapatalk

josh715m

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I enrolled again in to developer preview, but this time from Cyan, so now I have DP8.1 running on Cyan firmware. Battery life is ok, slightly worse than 8.0. Now I can squeeze around 12hrs with one charge.

Yep, my average battery time is also around 12 hours.
After the cyan update the battery saver app shows 30 minutes more of estimated remaining time than with black firmware+DP 8.1.

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Great thread, but disappointing findings. My biggest hope out of Cyan was very battery performance. It seems it's not fixed. I'm bummed.
Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

madailjoao

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I Had a 625 in the past that a I run 8.1 DP and the battery is the same 2000mAh and it last, and last, and last... And this battery in 925 with 8.1 is ridiculous... Its a firmware problem.

Sent from my using Tapatalk

jeiiel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Not noticed any difference with mine (using Cyan for a week now)

Heavy use I get a day out of it, moderate use it lasts 2 days, same as it did prior to the update

How!!! I barely get a day at all with heavy use. What do you do??

I have the cyan update and 8.1 but my battery is shocking!

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I Had a 625 in the past that a I run 8.1 DP and the battery is the same 2000mAh and it last, and last, and last... And this battery in 925 with 8.1 is ridiculous... Its a firmware problem.

Sent from my using Tapatalk

Maybe. But definitely there is a problem with these Lumia 925 devices that have problem with battery life and Cyan/DP8.1 update.

What about new firm with NCS?

chalx

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
To be fair it's early to put absolute blame solely on 925. We can't compare 8.1 to 8.0 without taking apps in consideration. 8.0 had an conservative approach to background processes, usage of wifi in background and in sleep mode. I expect gradual improvement.

josh715m

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
To be fair it's early to put absolute blame solely on 925. We can't compare 8.1 to 8.0 without taking apps in consideration. 8.0 had an conservative approach to background processes, usage of wifi in background and in sleep mode. I expect gradual improvement.

I'm not so optimistic like you, let's hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo