Battery life for those who have Cyan on Lumia 925.

mdau

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
i get 13-16 hours with moderate usage with the official cyan. I think it was better with 8.0 but no much differrence with the 8.1 DP

MillionMonks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
very disappointed with my battery now. I find that it heats up very often too ever since the update to Cyan.
I would not last 5 hours w/o it going below 20%.

I know I use a lot of whatsapp and I know it a power drainer, but even if I fully charge at night, i wake up with 80% 5 hours later.

anon(5323098)

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to mention with regard to battery that before I installed GDR1 for 8.1 with Cyan, I consistently got a super-hot corner near the top right, even if I was just browsing the web. It was really, really hot. Since 8.1 GDR1, that hot corner has now become a warm corner and the battery is better, but not wildly better.

maggotbeer

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I bought my Lumia 925 recently and I only used it for about a week with windows phone 8.0 and then the cyan update came. I'm not sure if this happens because the battery was new then but I can definitely say that the cyan update improved the battery life of my phone. I have 5 email accounts set to sync as items arrive and 12 apps allowed to run in the background and I can easily get about 17 hours of battery life, which is fine for me. I don't play any games or watch videos but I browse a lot and I take a few photos every day. I'm very satisfied with its battery life.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately not good. I was using 4G all the time and it really sucks your battery dry fast. Anyway I would go back to 3GB but what's the point? I need a faster data connection. I just dropped the whole denial thing and accepted that L925 was not good in terms of battery consumption so I just carry along a power bank and additional charger.

mdau

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
With official cyan i can get between 13-16 hours. 3g on all the time (due to network instability the phone keeps changing from 2g to 3g which harms the battery i think), facebook, whatsapp, browsing and 5m-10mins of youtube per day, a few calls and sms. Standby time is not bad also but i would be happy to get 20 hrs with the same usage, i am not sure if the update (major or minor) can achieve that considering all the new features and that it is a 2000mah battery, its my wish

accursedvenom

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I keep a charger with me when I go to work. I'm running 8.1 gdr 1 on my 925 and was watching YouTube videos for about an hour and a half. Went from 100% to around 93%. Went down to 85 after 20-30 minutes of web browsing then I went and played Xbox, occasionally playing on phone between BF4 matches. When I put it on the charger last night I was somewhere between 25-34%.

Edit: Still don't have cyan either.

korg250

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
People going nuts over 8.1 and I'm back to 8.0 happy happy happy, everything is faster with less "fuel".

I just got a brand new 925 and here in Brazil we already have cyan available for it. Do you guys recommend that I ignore this update? Or go to 8.1 through DP (without cyan)?

Thanks.

rstar66

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
I've given it a month. I can't seem to find what the issue is with the battery.

whatsapp texting seems to make the phone hot. Not warm, not mild. Hot.. so hot i can feel the case get warm enough.
otherwise if i dont text, browsing baconit (reddit) or reading doesnt seem to kill any battery. I can go HOURS and HOURS.

I think if anyone else might be free to try, use the phone BUT dont use the Keyboard. Read, watch or listen to music. It doesn't consume much.

Then open any texting app. whatsapp is my choice but whatever. Try texting for thirty minutes straight and have a nice conversation. The phone gets warm and the 30 minutes wouldve shaven at LEAST 15% battery off.

anyone willing to confirm this? :(

madailjoao

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

whatsapp texting seems to make the phone hot. Not warm, not mild. Hot.. so hot i can feel the case get warm enough.
otherwise if i dont text, browsing baconit (reddit) or reading doesnt seem to kill any battery. I can go HOURS and HOURS.

I think if anyone else might be free to try, use the phone BUT dont use the Keyboard. Read, watch or listen to music. It doesn't consume much.

Then open any texting app. whatsapp is my choice but whatever. Try texting for thirty minutes straight and have a nice conversation. The phone gets warm and the 30 minutes wouldve shaven at LEAST 15% battery off.

What I can confirm is that the 8.1 Cyan is not for people that have to work with the phone, my battery have to last at least 12 hours without "savings". With 8.1 it last 6-7 hours tops, with 8.0 12 hours is always guaranteed.

The notification center is great but I love battery, so proudly go for 8.0 that is a great software.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a month old 925 from AT&T and I think I am going to hold off until they roll out the next update... the feedback here doesn't sound convincing at all.

madailjoao

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a month old 925 from AT&T and I think I am going to hold off until they roll out the next update... the feedback here doesn't sound convincing at all.
You can experiment the 8.1 and if you don't like the battery stats just downgrade with the Nokia recovery tools.

shiva484

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
3days ago bought l925, updated to cyan asap. It's being an induction stove. Is cyan the culprit? (all background tasks are not allowed except WhatsApp and fb) I do use them little heavily.

Stravincy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

I don't have any problem with WA.
If I were you I would try this: Delete WA -> Soft Reset -> Install WA again.
Good luck.

Btw: I'm on the "normal" 8.1 + cyan update and I don't experience any of these battery problems.
I'm even running five apps in the background that frequently check for things.

Eri Ferdyan Asyari

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't have any problem with WA.
If I were you I would try this: Delete WA -> Soft Reset -> Install WA again.
Good luck.

Btw: I'm on the "normal" 8.1 + cyan update and I don't experience any of these battery problems.
I'm even running five apps in the background that frequently check for things.
How's your phone setting?

Stravincy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
How's your phone setting?

- 3G
- Check E-mail every 30 min
- WiFi: always on, both options in WiFi Sense off
- Bluetooth: off
- NFC: off
- internet sharing: off
- brightness: set to Low and then turn on Automatically adjust
- find my phone: both options on
- backup: first two options on
- advertising id: off
- glance: peek + show lock screen notifications
- touch settings: Touch sensitivity: normal, Double tap to wake up: on, Navigation bar: off

Hope that helps. :)

Hemant Sathe

May 19, 2014
Visit site
After the update 1, battery life has become horribly low for me. 100% charge in morning goes below 20% by 4 pm. No other use except what's app.

expressme007

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi friends my Lumia became so hot while I browse. Especially at rear camera part. And continuous web browsing I think it giving 3:30 hours only. Anybody suggest me about heating issue and improvement of battery life.? Thank you. And I am in cyan dp wp8.1 update too.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05