Lumia Cyan updated for Rogers lumia 1020

Dhan117

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am currently running 8.1 Preview. I am just wondering if the official update has been released yet from Rogers?

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, no it has not been released. Also, from what I have read in the ATT 1520 update yesterday, anybody that has Dev Preview on their phone, they needed to downgrade to 8.0 and then they could upgrade to the official 8.1 with Cyan.

I have a Lumia 1020 with Rogers with 8.1 Dev Preview also and they didn't push the update yet.

I will wait until I see an article about the update being pushed (normally they push the updates starting at 1PM EST) and then I will decide if I downgrade to upgrade.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah just read that! Geez I'm on the DP so now it seems that I will need to downgrade first. Also, at one point on Mobile Syrup they mention that Cortana might be available to us Canadian when 8.1 officially start rolling out.... I wonder if that's the case.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Also ran check for updates on my Rogers 1020 8.1 DP, not showing Cyan avaliable...so the case probably is we need to downgrade to 8 which sucks.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Thing is no one yet has confirmed that they received the update on a 8.0 1020 so I'd hold off downgrading just in case the info is incorrect.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
somebody posted a comment in the official update for Canadian article, and said that he was never on DP and he doesn't see the update yet....doesn't look good for now...so I'm waiting also.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi again, here is a comment that somebody did downgrade to then upgrade and read his comment :

Hi everyone,
So, that 73% was for installing the downgrade to WP 8.0. That's done and.... no update (not yet, at least). Probably can't get the dev preview because of the bitlocker thing, so looks like I might be stuck with 8.0 for the time being. I'll let you guys know if the update comes across anytime soon.

So now he's stuck with WP8.0 and there is no update so far...

WOW!!! how could we get that info from Nokia Canada and then......where is the update.....

GitBoxer

May 29, 2014
Visit site
So I installed Cyan on the Rogers 1020 yesterday and it did not included GDR1 (tile groups, Cortana Alpha etc.) which I was enjoying on DP. When I rejoined the developers preview and installed it over Cyan, I still had no Cortana Alpha (which is a must for Canadian use). I then did a soft reset and VOILA! I had Cortana Alpha. Anyhow, point is that I now have Cyan firmware with ALL the latest features. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss