Nokia pro pictures - how to send full size file

Darren warddavies

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I have taken some pictures with the Nokia pro camera (standard out of box settings) and when i plug my phone into my laptop to view the picture i can see there are 2 files, a large image and a much smaller filer (lower res). My question is however when i view the picture o the phone i only see 1 picture (file) and not sure if its the larger or smaller file im looking at (think its the larger)

anyways, my question is....

I wanted to email a picture i had taken to a friend who was l then going to crop the image to suit his needs. From the email app i went to add an attachment and selected the picture but was surprised to see how small a file it was. I am pretty certain it has only selected and sent the smaller of the 2 which is not as good to edit from and kind of defeats the purpose of having a 20mp camera. I am aware that the camera apparently takes a 16mp and 5mp? image (think i read this somewhere) but how do i send the larger file

first post :)

thanks for the help.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
In short you can't.

The stock email app even sends a heavily compressed version of the 5mp one.

If you use the app metromail you can email a full size image but only of the 5mp.

One way I send them is either from my desktop (which is a massive pain) or use Pocket File manager which allows you to quickly select the 16mp image and upload to OneDrive. From there you email a link to the stored file.

As a person who uses multiple phones: This is the number one shortcoming of WP vs Android. Crippling a basic feature that should be included. Come on MS!

Darren warddavies

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the quick replies.

that seems absolutely crazy! what is the point in having a camera of this type if you cant use the pictures it takes! it just as well be sold as a 5mp pure view...what a con.

So basically i have to use a file manager to find the higher res image and then send it using another email client and not the built in made for outlook one...seriously?

What possible reason is there to put a restriction like this in place....at least give people the option to decide which size image they wish to send.

if i cant find a simple way to be able to do this then this is a real deal breaker for me and the phone will have to go.

Who the hell wants/needs to view a 16mp image on a 5" screen!.......it just does not make sense.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Exactly. No, using pocket file manager you need to upload the 16mp image to onedrive and then share the link from there. It's a joke. I hate that even the stock gallery samples the 5mp image unless you edit in Nokia Camera. I use Zoom to view my images in full rez

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I just downloaded the Pocket File Manager app. Looking at my "Camera roll" folder, how can I tell if the picture is the full 41mp or 5mp? I seem to only have one file per picture.

My setting for my camera is Jpeg (5MP + 34MP) and my default software/lens is Nokia Camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss