Lumia 1520 not recognized by computer

Jake Ballamis

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
OK, I'm going to be one of those guys. I glanced through the forum but couldn't see any helpful threads.

Running the latest DP build of WP 8.1 (8.10.12397.895) and, of course, would like to downgrade back to WP 8 so I can get the Cyan update.

Problem is that my phone is not being recognized on any computer I plug it into.
I've tried two Win 8.1 machines, a Win 2K12 and a Win 7. On all of them, I've completely uninstalled all of the Nokia software (three of the four machines had never had the software installed) and then reinstalled both the NSU and NSU for Retail. No go.

I did a reset on my phone. No go.

I removed both the SIM and the SD card. No go.

I've toggled the hidden USB settings on the phone. No go.

I've rebooted the phone upteen times. No go.

The phone is simply not being detected by the desktop OS and is not being installed on the computer.

I've tried everything I can think of to get this to work. Does anyone have any suggestions or have they run into this issue?

JTDraper

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
OK, I'm going to be one of those guys. I glanced through the forum but couldn't see any helpful threads.

Running the latest DP build of WP 8.1 (8.10.12397.895) and, of course, would like to downgrade back to WP 8 so I can get the Cyan update.

Problem is that my phone is not being recognized on any computer I plug it into.
I've tried two Win 8.1 machines, a Win 2K12 and a Win 7. On all of them, I've completely uninstalled all of the Nokia software (three of the four machines had never had the software installed) and then reinstalled both the NSU and NSU for Retail. No go.

I did a reset on my phone. No go.

I removed both the SIM and the SD card. No go.

I've toggled the hidden USB settings on the phone. No go.

I've rebooted the phone upteen times. No go.

The phone is simply not being detected by the desktop OS and is not being installed on the computer.

I've tried everything I can think of to get this to work. Does anyone have any suggestions or have they run into this issue?

Try another cable. I see this all the time.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
YEP, what JD said ...

Those charging / USB cables tend to degrade over time (rolling / unrolling / folding ??).
Just because it'll charge your phone, doesn't mean it'll carry data.

Possibly, the next iteration of Nokia Software Recovery tool, will have (the option for) device connection / discovery over a WiFi network (much like Easy Transfer), though it won't help a bricked phone.

mrzees

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
IF its a desktop computer plug the usb cord to the back of the computer, if not any usb port should work. Next make sure the integrity of the usb cord is good (i.e.no not broken, damaged etc). Finally while the phone is plugged into the computer, soft reset your phone by holding the volume down and power button for a couple seconds until the phone vibrates. Wait and watch your computer recognise your phone as it boots up.
Once these things are done, your phone should become visible to the computer.

Jake Ballamis

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
It was the USB cable. I got back home and tried a couple until I found one that worked.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I should have seen it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium