Official 8.1 problem

sam1374

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I was on 8.1 dp on my 1520, so I downgraded and got my official 8.1 cyan . Since than Bing is troubling me alot. It keeps popping up even when I don't touch my hand on the search button.Even my screen hangs. I had don't hard reset too. But still the same. Can someone help me solve my problem?

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like that might be a hardware problem instead of software IMO. Had that happen on a Lumia 920 once and no matter how many times i hard reset it, it kept happening. I ended up having to get it replaced.

I would try restoring it again, and if you still keep having the same issue, then maybe check with your carrier to get a replacement possibly.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I was on 8.1 dp on my 1520, so I downgraded and got my official 8.1 cyan . Since than Bing is troubling me alot. It keeps popping up even when I don't touch my hand on the search button.Even my screen hangs. I had don't hard reset too. But still the same. Can someone help me solve my problem?

Just a thought, do you have a case on the phone ? If you do, examine where the case wraps around the front (if it does).

Cortana will pop up when you hit the search button (on WP 8.1) unless you have it (her ?) disabled. That could possibly be the issue, or ...

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I had a case...i have removed it..now lets see if it works without that problem.

... the second part (about Cortana) may be tangent.

When you disable Cortana, it requires a restart ?, must be deeply integrated in the OS (could be the problem, undiscovered, because everyone seems to want Cortana).

as far as the case, could be covering something (either hitting button or prox sensor, or ...) or could be a tad tight for the device, triggering a touch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05