Cyan update and Hot, Hot, Hot

immortalmatt

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Ive just bought a Nokia 1520 and updated it to the Cyan update. Its getting very very hot at the back towards the top. Anybody else getting this?
Is there a fix to stop this?

Matt

balvi

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
same here was super hot , it even switched off during update :O but used fan to cool it down and than finished update, i just got it from repair they changed motherboard so i thing cpu was the cause , but yeah tooo hot . . but i lost the option to choose Google in IE :(

immortalmatt

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
same here was super hot , it even switched off during update :O but used fan to cool it down and than finished update, i just got it from repair they changed motherboard so i thing cpu was the cause , but yeah tooo hot . . but i lost the option to choose Google in IE :(

How long did they have it before it was fixed? There was no charge was there? Also can you tell its been opened now? Creaking etc?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Cyan did not change how hot my phone gets. Never gets really hot unless I'm doing something graphically intensive. Now my 1020... Hot from Day 1.

immortalmatt

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Ive left it alone for the last few hours. Just come to the phone , felt the back and it was quite cool. Started using it , put mytube on for about 2-3 mins and its getting quite warm at the back at the top. Not very hot but hot enough for me to notice.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
well yeah i noticed it too.my phone is getting unusually hot from watching videos..not hd videos.
it didn't get that hot while on wp8 but now its getting noticeably hot. thing is its consuming more battery too.the same 43 min episode which consumed 8-9% battery is now taking up15-16% battery.

chris6mafia

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this issue as well after updating to Cyan. Happens when I'm browsing or on instagram, it was fine on 8.1 dp. (yes, 2 hard resets and even reformatted my SD card)

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Mine is getting very hot with just charging the battery and browsing. It never was this hot before I upgraded to Cyan. Hope Nokia or Microsoft release a fix for this.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Psst turn off cellular data when you don't use it. Turn off wifi when you're not using it. Turn off Bluetooth when you're not using it. Turn off NFC if you're not using it. Disable the battery saver app from running in the background from the app itself since it uses battery by updating its live tile in real time. I swear I'm giving you guys the solutions in every single thread yet no one listens to me. Instead they just complain in another thread :( why do I bother to help society

balvi

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
How long did they have it before it was fixed? There was no charge was there? Also can you tell its been opened now? Creaking etc?
hi , they had it for one week. was free coz in guarantee. have new IMEI now. mobile feels like new, looks new all working good.

jive_inc

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I just posted this in another discussion, turning OFF WiFi fixed it for me. I had to do this before when I was running WP 8.1 on my 1520. Let me know how it works.

sstiwari

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Mine too gets pretty hot sometimes with heavy battery drain , mostly when phone is locked. When I try to unlock, it gets stuck on resuming screen. I do a soft reset and simply uninstall the application which has most battery use in foreground / background. But so far the issue still crops up randomly.

May be some unoptimized WP8.0 Apps causing this in WP 8.1. This even happened with Developer Preview 8.1, but now more frequent.

Anybody else facing this issue.

tanyet

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had a couple of days of unexplained battery drain. A soft reset took care of it but I really think it had something to do with battery saver being on.

Ramin Gharib

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi there I had the same problem but fixed it very easily!!! I have the Nokia Lumia 930 and after I removed Cortana from my Start and in my battery saver, I don't have any heat or battery drain problem!! :D my phone is working great and I'm very happy to have it!! ;)
Please share this to other people having this problem! ;)

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine too gets pretty hot sometimes with heavy battery drain , mostly when phone is locked. When I try to unlock, it gets stuck on resuming screen. I do a soft reset and simply uninstall the application which has most battery use in foreground / background. But so far the issue still crops up randomly.

May be some unoptimized WP8.0 Apps causing this in WP 8.1. This even happened with Developer Preview 8.1, but now more frequent.

Anybody else facing this issue.

I've been experiencing the exact same problem. I waited for the official OTA update of WP 8.1 with Lumia Cyan from AT&T for my Lumia 1520. Was working fine until just recently. Now, occasionally my phone gets really hot and drains the battery really fast while it's locked. When I unlock the phone, the screen is stuck on a white "Loading" screen and the buttons are unresponsive. I have to hold the power button down for several seconds to reboot the phone. This takes care of the problem until this issue mysteriously happens again. I always make sure any apps I used are closed before I lock the phone. I've tried looking at battery usage for the apps, but none have abnormally high usage. I suspect this problem is system/OS related and not necessarily related to any specific apps. This has happened to me four times so far, once a week or so ago, and this week it's happened three times so far. Really aggravating. Perhaps the WP 8.1.1 update will fix it. I haven't tried a hard reset yet, but if this keeps happening more frequently, I may have to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs