L930 Poor Camera Fix

ChromeDome#WP

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Having experienced the excellent cameras of the L920, L925 & L1520; I was really disappointed with the initial results of the L930 camera. Comparing side by side with my daughters L635, hers was a lot crisper; and was clear on full zoom where my L930 was blurred.
Contemplating sending it back when I read on the forums about the Pro-Shot app. I downloaded and hacked it for a half hour or so. Man! I can't believe how awesome this app is. The results are remarkable. I can't believe its the same camera.
Used it throughout the day today and totally amazed with the results.
Don't understand why MS/Nokia can't get the camera better out-of-the-box, but for anyone struggling with the L930 camera I highly recommend the Pro-Shot app, worth every penny 😎

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Seems like the general consensus about the camera is that its actually a good camera (everyone who fiddles around with the settings can attest to that) but its let down by the standard software. Ive been getting that feeling that MS/Nokia cant seem to get the right auto algorithms for their cameras. All the updates seems to have changed something to the camera software which makes it better or worse, who knows.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't really understand how Pro Shot can produce better pictures, unless your using the 8MP images from Proshot versus the 5MP and not full resolution.

What are you finding better about Proshot's images?

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't really understand how Pro Shot can produce better pictures, unless your using the 8MP images from Proshot versus the 5MP and not full resolution.

What are you finding better about Proshot's images?
For macros it will produce sharper images. You have manual adjustment over sharpness.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey I'm just passing on my experience as a photographer. Perhaps different jpeg compression or image processing from sensor.

Also if you look at processing of Nokia camera it applies a softness to images that removes detail. If you shoot raw then you would be correct as you have complete control of jpeg processing.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey I'm just passing on my experience as a photographer. Perhaps different jpeg compression or image processing from sensor.

Yeah, its cool. There may be truth to ProShot being better, I just don't see it or haven't heard any proof that it could possibly be better. Its a great App, no doubt! I just question it being able to produce better images using the same settings. Especially as blatant as some people make it out to be.

I appreciate input regardless!

ChromeDome#WP

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Generally I just like to point & click, to me that's the whole idea of a mobile camera. I've always been very happy with previous Lumia's since the 920. But seriously, my 930 out-of-the- box was extremely poor; genuinely thought I had got a faulty one. After installing Pro-Shot the transformation was incredible, even on the full Auto Settings with low res capture. Took a shot of a small rock lizard on full zoom, then zoomed in on the shot to upload to instagram and it was still crystal clear. I'm no expert, but the results speak for themselves 😌

Miska Hietala

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
For 1020 the Nokia camera seems better than pro camera. Only problem I seem to have is focus. No idea why sometimes every piece of picture is blurred when zooming in. As if no focus was set. And I'm talking about still pictures...
Sent from my NeverAndroidAgain**1020** via Tapatalk

fbloise

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Having experienced the excellent cameras of the L920, L925 & L1520; I was really disappointed with the initial results of the L930 camera. Comparing side by side with my daughters L635, hers was a lot crisper; and was clear on full zoom where my L930 was blurred.
Contemplating sending it back when I read on the forums about the Pro-Shot app. I downloaded and hacked it for a half hour or so. Man! I can't believe how awesome this app is. The results are remarkable. I can't believe its the same camera.
Used it throughout the day today and totally amazed with the results.
Don't understand why MS/Nokia can't get the camera better out-of-the-box, but for anyone struggling with the L930 camera I highly recommend the Pro-Shot app, worth every penny 

OMG! it really makes a difference!

I was disappointed with my L930, but i installed ProShot (was purchased back when I had the 920 so was a free download) and the photos taken are amazing, no noise or blurriness.

Thanks for the advise, I guess i will use ProShot as the main app from now on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs