CYAN UPDATE: Group Text sends copy of your own texts.....

quinn12#CB

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
After update, if I am included on a group text, I will not only see my phone number, but any text I send is also sent back to me as if it were sent by someone else in the thread. If I create the group thread, the problem will not occur. However if I am included, I will send a text and get the same one back. It's not a deal breaker, just a bug that needs fixing. Any one have a fix or workaround/

hapless11

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have this same issue. Did not have this problem with DP. In fact, when I continued group message threads that were started under DP, it made a new thread and started copying my own texts back to me. It lists "My Info" as the contact sending the message.

cdodgela

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Same here after Cyan update with rollback to 8.0 from 8.1 DP and full manufacture reset of the phone after Cyan update for good measure. If I originate the group text,I get my reply text messages back starting after someone else replies because it then adds me to the group. My original thread is separate from the new one after the first reply. This is not the way it is supposed to work. Lumia 1520 AT&T

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Not so fast. I'm on the update 1 (GDR1) of 8.1, and this issue has reared its ugly stupid head again.

Soft-reset didn't work as it had in the past. So... I'm at a loss currently. Gonna call AT&T here to make sure everything is set up how it should be.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Had AT&T re-provision my account yesterday, then did a soft reset... worked for a day. I'm back to the same issue. very frustrating to say the least. Gonna try hitting up some people on Twitter that can hopefully shed some light.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Have not experienced this issue on my 1520.3 running Cyan. Never had the DP, updated straight from commercial 8.0 over the air.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention