Nokia Lumia 1520: Screen unlocks itself after notification

William Tavares

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I've read all about the screen sensitive problem on th l1520, swipe/tap issue, and ghost touches, now i noticed something really bad about my unit:
When the screen is locked and i recieve a notification from Whatsapp the lockscreen starts to go up and down as i'm swipping it, it DOESN'T happens every time, it's like 1/5.
Today it went further, it unlocked the screen and messed around by itself until stops at Skype, i'm really disapointed right now afraid of it get worse, this is a hardware problem?

I think my only hope is wait for the Cyan update to fix this, or i'll have to try to return it :cry:

Anyone else with this problem?

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I think your phone has a hardware issue, as I read somewhere that someone had a similar problem. Something related to the rubber and bezel around screen exerting too much pressure. Have you got high sensitivity off?

William Tavares

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I think your phone has a hardware issue, as I read somewhere that someone had a similar problem. Something related to the rubber and bezel around screen exerting too much pressure. Have you got high sensitivity off?

Turned it off, still persists.
Just notice that this have something to do with the snapdragon 800:
every now and then when the phone jumps out of the "rest" state by unlocking or by notification it register phantom touchs, also happens when i launch the camera when the phone is sleeping, some times it focus two times in a row as i was touching the screen...doesn't happens everytime, and only when the phone wakes up.
Definetly something about the processor.

I set a password to the lockscreen so it can't mess around my homescreen anymore, seems to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire