Cellular Data problem, please help!

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

No one got back to me on the question forum so maybe this will be better. I was a bonehead and did a soft, then hard reset on my Neo (running 8.1 DP on At&t) due to the 'resuming' bug due to the live lockscreen. Everything went well, data was restored, except for the fact that cellular data does not work at all. The phone states I have full 4G as I'm on my microcell, and I can make calls and send texts, but none of my apps can update, nor can I browse the internet off of wifi.

What do?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Did you re-enter the correct wifi password? Also sounds like your APN settings have been cooked and need to be reinstated, which explains why you can't get online on 4G. AT&T should be able to send them to you.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Did you re-enter the correct wifi password? Also sounds like your APN settings have been cooked and need to be reinstated, which explains why you can't get online on 4G. AT&T should be able to send them to you.

Exactly what I was going to say, OP you either need to get AT&T to send the settings or enter them manually using cellular+SIM, also called mobile+SIM in some parts of the world, in settings all you need to enter is the Internet APN settings.

bleargh

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Or read the several posts right in this very forum that provide answers. The short version is - you can get data back with the apn settings. Forget receiving mms or group texting again until Samsung releases an update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos