Phone app using all the battery

saket87

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1020 on att and I felt the battery was draining faster than my Lumia 520. I have been using 1020 for maybe 3 weeks now. I updated it to WP 8.1 preview and reset it and and restored the backup of the 520. I do feel the battery is not upto par to even the Lumia 520. I have disabled most of the background tasks hoping it will last long. It drains 15-20% battery when I'm using it to read WP central or other apps and not even playing games. In the battery sense settings I saw the phone app on top using all the battery today and I have not even used to make a call. Is somebody else also having this. If not how do I fix it. The phone app might be drawing battery even right now when I'm using the WP central app to post this. There is no background use but just fore ground use and the bar is like full. Help please. Thank you

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
you can hard reset it again :/ usually that fixes the battery drain problem

The above post is correct, but there is something else you can try first, remove the app which you think is causing the drain or flash back to 8.0 (you have to do that to install CYAN anyway).

Then goto Settings > Storage Check (Swipe left) > Details.. look down the list ande press "Clear" under "Temporary files" > Reboot the phone and see how you go.

You may also need to re-calibratate the battery:

Charge it to 100% ... Run it all the way down untill the 1020 turns off.. Do not plug in your charger but leave the phone dead for 15 -20 minutes.. then try and turn it on again.. if it switches on, then the battery needs calibrated.. so use it constantly until it dies completely again.. keep doing this until the phone will not switch on at all.

Now plug in your charger.. charge to 100%.. use it connstantly, play a movie over and over or a heavy usage game.. or scren time on all the trime.. so it discharges fast.. and so on..

Do this process 3-4 times... after which the battery should be fine.. On a 1020, you should get 1.5 - 2 days on mederate to light use.

Hope this helps..

saket87

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Can anybody check their battery usage when using apps like wpcentral or reading websites. As I feel the phone loses more battery than 520 when doing the same thing. While stand by I think its fine. I am not even lasting a day. I did reset it and I'm on 8.1 DP. And also check the battery usage when using apps like viber or wechat. Thanks.
Edit: I think my battery is calibrated as it does not turn on when left do die. And when charging after that the start button blinks.

Erick Rmz

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
My 920 also drains battery very fast when using some apps that uses internet connection. WP central, WhatsApp, web browsing, etc... Even some games like angry birds. 20 or 30 percent of battery goes out in just 10 or 20 minutes. Disappointing...
Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk

crash0330

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Just FYI, if you by any chance are using Flashlight X, That app you need to close it manually otherwise if you just go to home from that app. It will keep the camera shutter open and it will drain your battery like crazy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720