Hi!
    I'm a long time iPhone user that has migrated to a Nokia 920. I've also purchased a 520 for my daughter. I'm fairly tech savvy, and we've owned these devices for about three weeks. I've anticipated a decent learning curve, and I'm quelling a desire to give into frustration.

In a nutshell - on occasion, I receive other people's texts (people in my contact list). Originally, I had my daughter and I under the same Microsoft account, and I thought this might be the issue. I've since given her a separate Microsoft ID/account, and have reset her phone.
    This morning, I received a group text meant for my neighbor, who happens to be in my contact list via her wireless number.

I've also been having issues with my contact list. I have my email under gmail, and I keep gaining hotmail accounts. This becomes an issue when I need to email from my phone and attempt to choose a contact.

There are many things I love about this phone, but issues like these may be a deal breaker. I realize that Microsoft and Google do not play nicely together, but Google happens to be where I've kept my contacts and accounts for years. Thanks for any help you can give me.
    07-27-2014 12:46 PM
    Google contacts work well with MS. I use that for my contacts. Sounds like you need to log into each Microsoft account and edit each contact list. Looks like you merged them in both accounts.
    07-27-2014 01:01 PM
    There are ways on how to migrate and transfer everything from gmail to outlook on the support page of wp. You can check that....
    07-27-2014 01:26 PM
    Thank you for the replies. I already merged my gmail into my Microsoft account yesterday, using their desktop tool and an alias I created for my new outlook account. I ended up having problems sending and receiving mail, so I deleted the alias and went back to using simply gmail. I do still have my contacts merged, and that must be the issue.

Any ideas on the text problems? As much as I don't want to, I'm wondering if I need to reset the phone.
    07-27-2014 01:50 PM
    BlueiK, how do you handle your google contacts using MS? I want to be able to sync them with my google account.
    07-27-2014 02:03 PM
    If you add a google account it will sync your contacts. I have all my contacts already in my Gmail account. If you log into Gmail on a computer you can manually enter them.

Can you clarify the text issue? Not entirely clear what you mean?
    07-27-2014 05:45 PM
    If you add a google account it will sync your contacts. I have all my contacts already in my Gmail account. If you log into Gmail on a computer you can manually enter them.

Can you clarify the text issue? Not entirely clear what you mean?
    Thank you, that is how I've set up gmail as well, and it seems to be running fine now.

Re: the texting problem: every couple of days, I've been receiving texts that were meant for others on my contact list. In other words, I'll receive a text that I assume is for me, but it's for, say, my daughter's friend. It's routed to that person's number, and I can see the entire conversation. As I mentioned, I thought it was due to the fact that I shared a MS account ID with my daughter. I got her a new ID and reset her phone, because it seemed to be causing issues.
    However, this morning I received a group text meant for my neighbor, who is also in my contact list. I only saw the reply meant for my my neighbor, and I haven't any idea who sent it, or the other recipients, as they were phone numbers that I did not recognize.

Sorry this is a bit confusing -- I've never seen anything like it.
    07-27-2014 08:25 PM
    Maybe you should delete all the accounts in the settings menu and then see if it happens again....because text msg will work regardless of any account being connected to phonebook. Then if the problem is gone....something is wrong with the accounts if the problem is still there...u may have to reset...i am sorry i know its kind a chore...but hey you can try this...
    07-28-2014 04:23 AM