Nokia Software Recovery Tool fails to find a ROM - RM-940, AT&T branded

pdampier

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Nokia.png

I get this error on a regular 32GB RM-940, AT&T branded (I've unlocked it) with SIM present or removed (same with MicroSD).

Tried the full Nokia Care Suite as well but when I put RM-940 in to search for a ROM it also errors out searching.

Anyone else seen this?

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Same product code... The Nokia Software Updater for Retail version 4.2.1 will downgrade your phone to version 8.0 stray forward. Then you will be able to upgrade to Cyan.

pdampier

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Software Updater for Retail version 4.2.1? What is the URL for that? I seem to have 1.4.3 from a link on WPCENTRAL, not 4.2.1....

pdampier

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks - ok downloading that. I'll uninstall all the other Nokia stuff, reboot and install that, reboot and then try again shortly... Thx!!

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, make sure all your current Nokia software are uninstalled. And when you install this one that I sent you. Make sure you run the setup with Admin rights.

pdampier

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Same issue... I uninstalled all Nokia software (including Fuse drivers, USB drivers, Nokia apps etc etc), rebooted, installed NSU retail, rebooted, launched NSU Retail, attached phone.... Nothing banged out in device manager:

NokiaRetail.PNG

pdampier

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
How do I find out what the MEID is and if it is bad?

When I got the phone (from a colleague at work) I contacted AT&T to unlock it and was given an unlock code which worked - I don't think they'd have done that if it was a bad MEID would they?

And the other odd thing is even with the full Nokia Care Package when I enter RM-940 no packages are found to download for that product. (Phone not even connected then)

Last edited:

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
How do I find out what the MEID is and if it is bad?

When I got the phone (from a colleague at work) I contacted AT&T to unlock it and was given an unlock code which worked - I don't think they'd have done that if it was a bad MEID would they?

And the other odd thing is even with the full Nokia Care Package when I enter RM-940 no packages are found to download for that product. (Phone not even connected then)

FUNNY - I just looked under SETTINGS >> About ...
my MEID is blank on an AT&T Nokia Lumia 1520.2 (RM-940).

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried resetting your phone, before using the Nokia software recovery . my old Lumia 800 had to be reset a few times to get updates.

egold70

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
The reason for this may be newer firmware on your phone that the one available on the servers
NSU and recovery tool both show the same with my Lumia 925 since Cyan was installed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss