Posting photos to facebook Lumia ICON.

Airlid

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
So here's the scenario, I take a photo then "share" it to Facebook and everything looks good until I view my Facebook page. The post is set to "private" so that no one but me can see it. I can find no way to edit this in the app so I have to go to a computer and open Facebook in a browser to fix it. Can anyone clue me in please?

Two day old Verizon, Nokia Lumia Icon running WP8.0 (unfortunately). I'm already dieing for the update and Cortana!

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It may be a privacy issue. Check those settings to see what the default posting is set to. My wife had the same problem and I believe that's what she said her issue was.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Yep, you can do it in the app.
-In the Facebook app, hit the button in the upper left corner with 3 bars.
-Scroll down to settings and open.
-Open privacy settings
-Open Privacy
-In "Who can see my stuff?" there is "Who can see your future posts?" Yours is likely set to "Only Me", change it to "Public" or "Friends". Remember "Public" means everyone!

Airlid

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
The app is set correctly to friends under the privacy setting. I'm using the phone's photos app to "share" the photos, not the face book app. There must be a default some where in phone settings, for "people" maybe?
Thanks for trying.

Airlid

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
The app is set correctly to friends under the privacy setting. I'm using the phone's photos app to "share" the photos, not the face book app. There must be a default some where in phone settings, for "people" maybe?
Thanks for trying.

I figured it out.
Some time in the past (before i got my Icon) I linked "Bing" to my Facebook account. In Settings|apps|Bing the option "Allow Bing to post on your behalf" was set to "me only" and apparently was overriding the phone and Facebook app settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven