Tips to increase battery life

kelumnk

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Guys, can we add here any tips to improve battery life?

I just noted today that the charge had gone down from 99% to 81% overnight standby!

Thanks a lot!

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Guys, can we add here any tips to improve battery life?

I just noted today that the charge had gone down from 99% to 81% overnight standby!

Thanks a lot!

Check if you have any apps which are battery hogs. Messaging apps such as Viber are very bad battery hogs (based from my own experience).

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
oh yes. I always wanted to do this.

Toggle wifi off when you're not using it and toggle celluar data off when you don't use it. Having them both at the same time kills your battery

Disable NFC by disabling tap + send features.

Disable bluetooth when it's not being used. Location drains your battery too but turn it on when using navigation apps like here maps obviously.

Finally, the battey saver live tile updates in realtime. Which drains the battery. Disable it by going to the battery saver app and disabling battery saver from running in the background. It only affects the tile. Also in the app, disable any apps from running in the background that you don't really care about. For example, if you really don't care about minion rush notifying you about a powerup that is on a discount, disable it. That's all I know.

Wonderman

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Turning off the Battery safer helped a lot. Also draining the better and recharging it made the juggernaut heat up less than it was doing before. One issue that surprised me is if I use the BBC Radio Player, the phone because hot potato. However, listing the same programs on Tunein does not cause the device to heat up or the battery to run down! This is one example. But it would be great if we could share more information about the reasons and share it.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
You have to work at finding out what is causing your battery discharge. Many factors have to figured into what you do and don't do. Apps can cause part of the problem, wifi setting, celullar cettings, background running etc. etc. Each phone is different and things that work on one might not work on another even if it is the same model. I have managed to get my 820 to adverage 1 day and 13 hours between charges with medium usage. My wife adverages a little more, 1 day 15hours on her 925. But we did not get that all the time. Aint life fun.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
1.Let your phone drain to 50-30%
2.Then do a soft reset
3.Download "Battery Discharger" app
Battery Discharger | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
4 Discharge you're battery using that app and get it to 0%
5.After the phone shut downs charge it after 10 minutes
6. Do a soft reset and plug off the charge after 2 hours
It'll work !

And after this process you'll have less battery life left than before as you'll have meaninglessly wasted another charge cycle.

As well as privacy stolen as the 'free' app referenced requires access to photos, microphone etc.

Sure, maybe once a month or every other month let your battery run naturally down to death, but don't do it on purpose.

M4T2009

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I've just switched to a Lumia 930 from an android phone, and have to say I was a little disappointed with the battery life in standby, especially overnight. The phone was losing between 10%-15% charge overnight, compared to just 3-4% for my android device.
I've had a look online at various forums, and was glad to see that it wasn't just me! Anyway, i've made some very minor changes and now my 930 only drains 3-5% overnight, which is much more acceptable!
Initially, I went through which apps were using battery in the background and disabled ones that are of no real use/interest to me. Then I changed my email account to sync every 2 hours instead of the 'based on my usage' setting. These both helped, but the drain was still around 10%. I also noticed that it drained steadily through the day. That was until yesterday, when I checked my phone whilst in work at around 11am, and the battery had plummeted to 31% in just 5 hours. I also noticed a little circular icon in the status bar, which I later discovered was location services. Now i'd read that Windows Phone only uses your location when an app requests it, rather than keeping it on all the time - but for some reason, it was continually using my location for something. After turning location off (i have added it as a quick toggle in Action centre now), and recharging my phone, the nightly (and daily) standby battery drain is between 3% and 5%.
I hope sharing this may help some of you guys!

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
For 930 battery is not consistent. We can save battery by turning off all,features and make it Nokia 1100.

Agree 100%.

Somebody pointed me towards a forum on the Nokia site when I questioned battery life on my 930 on this forum, but a lot of nonsense was spoken on there too by a lot of people who didn't really know any better.

For example the original post suggested turning on Battery Saver, which disables email notifications, then later on added a (now completely pointless) tip to reduce the frequency of email notifications, which you now would not be getting anyway.

The whole point of the service is to allow you to receive emails as they're sent, not hours later! Otherwise we might as well go back to text messaging! Sure, if you are in a situation where you can't use the phone like driving or in the cinema you could turn these things off but then you might as well turn the phone off anyway.

Another example was NFC. This should use very, very little power and will hardly make any difference to battery consumption.

Location services on the other hand can use a lot and it will mostly depend on what apps you have that are asking you to enable it. One possible reason for that is there seems to be a lot of apps requiring location services so if different apps are constantly or regularly checking your location then it's going to hammer your battery. Unless I can see a reason for an app to want or need it I don't allow it. Sat nav is just about the only app I'm ever going to need it for, though it will be different for other people of course.

On my partner's Samsung the weather app seems to drain the battery quickly, I'm not sure if the one on the Nokia is the same. Never seen the point in it myself, I just look out the window...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium