Lumia 930 not shipped with Headset

sutt359

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys

I don't know if it bothers anyone that the 930 doesn't come with a headset in the box.... Good news i found a slip of paper in my box saying if you need one please put the request in on the Nokia help chat and they will send you one for free.

Colour choice is Yellow, Red and Black just a shame no Orange, Green or White.

From the Nokia chat
We apologize you did not get a headset in box. Following feedback and trials with consumers we decided to ship your Lumia without a headset as this reduces the use of materials, improves the manufacturing process and reduces waste, making it better for the environment. We can request a headset for you now though. Can I take the following details from you?

Mine is on its way for free... To claim you free headset go to Contact Nokia Support - Nokia - UK

:evil:

Dimitri Brandt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys

I don't know if it bothers anyone that the 930 doesn't come with a headset in the box.... Good news i found a slip of paper in my box saying if you need one please put the request in on the Nokia help chat and they will send you one for free.

Colour choice is Yellow, Red and Black just a shame no Orange, Green or White.

From the Nokia chat
We apologize you did not get a headset in box. Following feedback and trials with consumers we decided to ship your Lumia without a headset as this reduces the use of materials, improves the manufacturing process and reduces waste, making it better for the environment. We can request a headset for you now though. Can I take the following details from you?

Mine is on its way for free... To claim you free headset go to Contact Nokia Support - Nokia - UK

:evil:

It doesn't bother that much, but thanks for the tip! I'm gonna try get one myself right away.

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I tried and it doesn't work for Portugal. They said I have to have an address in the UK because they not ship it to Portugal.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Cool thanks,
I did think it a bit odd that they were not included, I will grab myself a free pair :)

ETA... Done.
Make sure you have your address, email, phone, phone model, & IMEI number to hand. :)

Last edited:

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Mine yellow 1520 came with bright yellow earphones, but they sit on the shelf gathering dust. I have, and prefer to use, my V-Moda M-80 on-ear headhones with custom-emblem side-shields instead.

This is, perhaps why I approve of them saving materials by not shipping headphones with every device. It is a good thing they are willing to send a pair out on request.

It's greener. Less wastage on the environment. For every person who needs the earphones, four others already have spare earphones knocking around the house somewhere (usually from an ipod or other mp3 player) and the free ones just end up going to waste (like mine are since we've got dozens of pairs lying around for every free pair we've gotten in the past) and I'd also hazard a guess that for every person who buys a phone less than half of the new phone owners even bother using the earphones in the box?

Why ship out something most people either already have, or would rather choose their own? Lots of people buy their own earphones to suit their own needs; and they come in all sorts of variety. On-ear, over-ear. In-ear, headset, ear-clip, etc.

Besides, it probably brings the phone's cost down. I doubt it was technically a 'free item' to begin with. It was probably baked into the price.

NexEverto

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Anyone from Australia had any luck with this? Nokia/Microsoft pretty much shrugged off my request for a headset (Actually, they flat out ignored it).

srome

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up on the free headset, just had my 930 delivered today, quick live chat with Nokia and my headset will be delivered in 5 to 7 days, saved me buying a pair.

1st choice Black
2nd choice Yellow

neil chudley

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Just chatted to the Microsoft customer services team - excellent and they are shipping me a headset no issues at all

Customer service this time 10/10:smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99