Can I save pics to the cloud and delete from my phone? Nokia says NO...

hychamaz

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,
I hope that someone can help me as I have heard this is completely possible but after driving 1 hour each way to a Nokia repair facility they said no. I have a 925 that is full. I want to save my pictures to the cloud as cloud (One drive or whatever its called now lol) and delete them from my phone. The man and his supervisor said it cant be done because the cloud is a mirror to my phone. The only way he said it could be done is just to save the pics to my computer and then delete them from my phone. This cant be as I know others have done this. Can anyone PLEASE help me to save them to the cloud (Skydrive) and delete them from my phone.
Thank you so much, Graham

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You can upload them directly from your phone to OneDrive at best quality using WiFi. Then they can be deleted from your phone. No computer is necessary.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Every picture I've ever taken is available on my OneDrive account.
I clean out my picture folder on my 925 all the time after making sure the pictures taken with my phone have uploaded.

PC sync back-up is a good idea however.

hychamaz

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Thank you but I am worried since he said that my phone is a mirror of my OneDrive Account and that if I delete them from my phone then they will be deleted from OneDrive? What do you think? Thank you in advance, Graham

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Thank you but I am worried since he said that my phone is a mirror of my OneDrive Account and that if I delete them from my phone then they will be deleted from OneDrive? What do you think? Thank you in advance, Graham

No that won't happen.
Be assured.

Just make sure the pictures are uploaded to OneDrive before deleting.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site

Whatever you do on your OneDrive app on your phone will sync to OneDrive wherever you sign in. But your files on the actual phone are separate.

hychamaz

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I deleted a few from my phone and they are still visible in my OneDrive account. I cannot believe that I drove 2 hours today because my local cell phone store could not answer the question and I had to go to the Main Nokia Center. And guess what, I am an American that is living in Finland lol. After doing this in 90 degree heat my sad feelings towards Nokia went out the Window tonight. Thank you guys for all your help. I will email the Nokia Care Center Supervisor who helped me (or didnt, my findings). Thanks guys and if anyone cares for a second question that they said was impossible is that in my phone book, all of my Facebook contacts are there after the update. He again said it is impossible to filter these out and my phonebook will remain a mile long. Any thoughts. Thanks again, Graham

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Whatever you do on your OneDrive app on your phone will sync to OneDrive wherever you sign in. But your files on the actual phone are separate.

This, it's not a mirror... It's a copy of the file not linked to your phone.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
in your photo hub, thats a mirror to your one drive.
but if you access the picture from one drive app then you can delete what ever you intent to.

hychamaz

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Oh no, I want to save everything in One Drive. I just wanted to delete them from my phone since the 925 is full. I still cant believe a supervisor at a Nokia Care Main Center did not know this. Thanks again. I should have turned here first....

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I think I can see where the Nokia guy got confused. You meant delete the pics and keep it on OneDrive but I bet the Nokia guy thought you meant if you delete the pics in the ALBUM OF ONEDRIVE on your phone then yes...it will be deleted of the computer.

hychamaz

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I can respect that. But this guy was just plain rude the whole 2 minutes... I told him that my phone was full with pictures and that I couldnt use it anymore. He said it was impossible to do anything and to call Windows....

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Wow. Sorry to hear that. To be honest he sounds like an *****. If he worked at Nokia he's common sense should have asked straight away if you mean wiping pics from camera roll or OneDrive album. That's all he had to say. Sorry for your wasted trip..but look on the bright side....now you know to come here for future questions...and get fast instant response from people who actually help from experience "smile*

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I can respect that. But this guy was just plain rude the whole 2 minutes... I told him that my phone was full with pictures and that I couldnt use it anymore. He said it was impossible to do anything and to call Windows....

This was Nokia support? Can't be, that's one extremely misinformed individual who should not be helping customers...just the fact that he couldn't provide any alternative suggestions (there are a few) and was rude (probably lazy, I find most customer support ppl in general these days are too lazy to get info that takes less than 5mins) is uncalled for. Those types of people should not be support for technical help, they would know icloud, google+ and OneDrive are all server based storage not links to devices...scary to know these people are supervisors.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I admit I'm not Einstein. But after owning WP's for over a year I'm still totally perplexed about how photos/images are allocated to folders. Or, not. Or, after a hard reset I get a bunch of default Microsoft images in Pictures instead of my own. How do I deserve them, where are they?

Saved. Camera Roll. Mobile. Favorites. Albums.

Holy excrement! MS and OneDrive can't even agree on mutual folder locations and names.

P_Pdon

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I thought you answered my question..but no. I want to save pictures to my phone from one drive, then upload to instagram ( from a dslr), but i still want to keep them on my sd card..looks like they all get saved on the phone instead so whats the point of having an sd card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb