Just picked up my lumia 930

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
First impressions:
-Dat screen!
-Feels quite sturdy, got some heft, doesn't seem to have any loose buttons.
-The green was really bright in the sunlight but is subdued indoors.
-Don't be fooled by the fade in with the lockscreen, it actually DOES show up right away but the fade makes it seem like it takes longer. I somehow had the screen appear instantly with pressing the power button. I cant reproduce it consistently though as I think the fade is the method of choice.
-I think I got a French device, had a bunch of French apps preinstalled (which I uninstalled) And manufacture date is 6-23-2014

Still setting things up and I haven't got it connected to cellular yet but so far so good.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I saw in the other thread that you're on 3G (H and H+)... more and more tempted to sacrifice LTE here in the U.S. and get me a 930 too. Swipe/tap bug just hasn't gone away on my (and almost all others it seems) 1520.3.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
YEah Canada, 3G/3G+(fake 4G) is all I get. Telus doesn't have the 2600mhz band like Rogers and Bell does so I don't get any LTE while those other two may have spotty LTE. I haven't had any real issues with my 3G connections so its fine. If im downloading large files or anything of the sort, im always indoors on or near a WIFI connection anyways.

So far I havnt experienced any of the overheating or screen weirdness that some other posters have. I have it plugged in right now on the charger (seems to charge fairly slow, or im just using it at the same time too..) and its only mildly warm. Played a couple minutes of temple run 2 but that didn't heat up the phone much if at all. Overall, a ginormous leap over my Lumia 710 which I can now give to my mom.

Oh and Cortana's awesome lol, even if the whole aspect of a 'personal voice assistant' is a little bit gimmicky.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire