Who here uses a case and why?

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I use one of the wallet cases when I travel. I find I tend to get my screen scratched more when traveling. Plus, with that, i can leave my wallet at home, so one less thing to worry about.

Which one? Anything in particular? I prefer a decent leather case rather than the plastic bumper type cases. There are some good ones on Etsy.com and I like this one, but it's pricey for a bit of felt sewn between two bits of leather:

Nokia case

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I have pretty much always used a case on m devices since I started using pda's and then converged devices. I currently have the 1520 and its in an Incipio feather and I carry that in a horizontal pu leather case I got on Ebay Before the 1520 I had a 920 with an Incipio hybrid case and a pu leather case from the same manufacturer. It's what I've become used to using and it works well for me.

Branden Lucero

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have one of these?

TUDIA Ultra Slim Melody TPU Bumper Protective Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 (Black): Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

IF so does it protect the camera bump? Hard to telll in the given photos.

i have 3 of those. 2 for the 1020, 1 for the 1520. they work great. AVOID buying the yellow one. they get dirty and they look ugly after. but as most cases, the 1020's camera never gets the full protection...

i rarely use it anymore, since i've switched to an MLT wallet case.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I hate cases, but nokia's inability to make a phone that will not last through one drop without shattering has left me no choice. So now i use the smallest case available (amzer pudding).
My opinion Followed by some rhetorical questions:
Why have a nice phone when you need to use a case? Thus proving the popularity of ****ty ugly android phones with good specs
why doesnt nokia just sell me the internals so i can f'in put it in a f'in case?

opusthecat

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Two broken screens later (should have bought stock in Gorilla Glass and Palco Repair Facility @ $200 each repair..) and I finally bought a case. Hate using cases on my phones but not gonna chance it any further. My previous 920 went through a dozen drops and never cracked the screen even once but this 1520 just is fragile as all heck.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Two broken screens later (should have bought stock in Gorilla Glass and Palco Repair Facility @ $200 each repair..) and I finally bought a case. Hate using cases on my phones but not gonna chance it any further. My previous 920 went through a dozen drops and never cracked the screen even once but this 1520 just is fragile as all heck.
Would you mind saying how the phones got dropped so many times (>=14)? Might be useful to someone starting out with usage similar to yours. I have never dropped a phone which I'm sure has a lot to do with where and how I use it. I bought but didn't use a case for my 925 because it looked too damn good to cover up but I am going to use one with the 1520 if the case ever gets here from china (last time I do that to save $2) to minimize what I see as MY biggest risk of a drop: someone bumping me from behind while I'm using it. Came close once in a store checkout line.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Originally I thought phones we're strong enough to handle drops, so I stopped using a cover.

I bought a Sony Xperia S in 2012 and after a few drops, it completely stopped working.

I have a Nexus 5 now, I always keep a cover on it.

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've used a case on every mobile phone I've owned. I've learned after chipping my first phone a black Motorola KRZR from dropping in a gravel lot to accidentally throwing my iPhone 4s across the train after falling asleep. Some people actually yelled in anguish at the iPhone 4s incident (not me and no damage!)

A twenty dollar investment is a small price to pay instead of a 200 USD repair.

Currently have four cases for my white 1520.3:

Amazon.com: Forester Capdase Nokia Lumia 1520 Ultra Thin Soft Karapace Jacket Case Transparent Crystal Back Cover (Clear White): Cell Phones & Accessories
Currently being used. I chose this as it is clear matte, allowing the white show to show without being glossy. Only issue would be the annoying opening for the AT&T version of wireless (for the two wireless charging contacts. An aside story, I was mistakenly sent the glossy version. As the cases were both direct from China, I did not have to send back the glossy.

Amazon.com: GMYLE(R) White PU Leather Protective Slim Fit Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 1520: Cell Phones & Accessories
Also sold by StilGut for $15 more.

Amazon.com: 2014 Susenstore Nillkin Matte Shield Hard Cover Case+ Screen Protector for Nokia Lumia 1520 (White): Cell Phones & Accessories
Great case but gets dirty fast.

John Walsh3

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I just accidentally dropped my 1520 and it was in the JKase Diablo case.It dropped from about 4 feet and landed on concrete. The case did nothing to cushion the screen and, even though it did not land on the screen, it shattered. I was very upset. Got a new phone AND case coming. Maybe this one will be better.

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Would you mind saying how the phones got dropped so many times (>=14)? Might be useful to someone starting out with usage similar to yours. I have never dropped a phone which I'm sure has a lot to do with where and how I use it

@Opusthecat

I was going to ask the same thing. There surely comes a point when you need to take a look at yourself if you are dropping your phone so many times!

Anyway I like something a little different so I've gone for the "Adore June Classic case for Nokia Lumia 930 - original Cordura? - blue" on Amazon UK for ?10 (but shipping is ?4 too), I had a ?10 Amazon voucher to use up so I figured it was worth a shot. Should get it tomorrow.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
@Opusthecat

I was going to ask the same thing. There surely comes a point when you need to take a look at yourself if you are dropping your phone so many times!
For the record, I wasn't implying he was doing anything wrong. I can imagine situations where you might have to use your phone that make it very easy to drop it (or have it knocked from your hand). But regardless of whether he took unnecessary risks, knowing the specifics could help others avoid a similar fate when doing the same things.

VetDuarte

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Apart from, obviously, protection, I think that cases help making devices even cooler.
My 1020 is now sporting a black Nillkin case. Best fitting/looking case around.
Enviado via Nokia Lumia 1020

Izabela Trifonova

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi ! :) I have a Nokia Lumia 1520 in yellow and I'm looking for two specific cases but I can't find them anywhere..I'll attach two photos bellow and if you could tell me if you've seen similiar case for Nokia Lumia 1520 and where I can buy one...I'll be very grateful! Thank you in advance :) altAnizQ1fOg2nJPevkPtL09Ii7O58OCEksPqmW_fIawWnw.jpg
altAjW3of1YVqSnBTehuVnIc1Ea0z2u7bOoW-Ugf9e0DG8F.jpg

Hristo Todorov 1987

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I've Nokia Lumia 1520 from 3 weeks only Amzer black case, leather black flip case and transpersnt clear white case. But I'm searching one special yellow case. We see it at most of the posts at WP central. It's yellow back case only. Can SMB tell me the name of it?
Please help me to found this yellow case.
You can send me also in private massages

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
This is my case for my Stormtrooper 1520...
2014_0826_1402_07.jpg
2014_0826_1403_39.jpg

Why? Because I shattered the screen of my Darth Vader Black 1520 a week ago without a case...
2014_0824_2307_25.jpg
So for peace of mind, decided to protect my new replacement White 1520 with a transparent rubberized casing. The case also give me a better and reassuring grip when holding it in my hand.
Cheers !!!

CnastyU

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
That white 1520 is dead sexy. I have a black one though.
I have the NGP case from Incipio and do not like it at all. I am currently going naked.

Hristo Todorov 1987

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
This is my case for my Stormtrooper 1520...
View attachment 79110
View attachment 79111

Why? Because I shattered the screen of my Darth Vader Black 1520 a week ago without a case...
View attachment 79112
So for peace of mind, decided to protect my new replacement White 1520 with a transparent rubberized casing. The case also give me a better and reassuring grip when holding it in my hand.
Cheers !!!

I've the same but it's very hard to press the power button, volume buttons and the camera! Very strong silicone!

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
!
That white 1520 is dead sexy. I have a black one though.
I have the NGP case from Incipio and do not like it at all. I am currently going naked.

I did go naked with my Darth Vader 1520 until that unfortunate incident a week ago. But on retrospect, holding it naked kind of always giving me a feeling of it trying to slip out of my hand. Does not give me a lot of confidence holding it without a case. Thanks & cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs