Weather lock screen & live tiles not updating

ITSCharles

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

So just picked up a Nokia 930 with 8.1. So far so good in terms of the OS coming from an iPhone quite impressed how smooth and well polished it is.

However my love for the automatic updating tiles and lock screen is soon fading. My lock screen weather forecast is currently still showing night time at nearly 8:30am. The news and sport live tiles are showing an update from yesterday when I manually updated them. Am I doing something wrong or are they simply this unreliable?

Thanks,

Charles

dengwinters

May 28, 2014
Visit site
They are buggy and need both: location turned on, data turned on.
On top of that - live tile permissions, location permissions in application options and background processes in battery saver.
When you enable these the phone needs to be usually restarted to have it working again.

And if you have battery saver turned on they will stop working unless "always on" is selected in background processes options.

ITSCharles

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi dengwinters,

Thanks for your reply.

I've double checked all settings and everything seems as it should. Since turning off and on my phone the weather now updates however the news and sport are still from yesterday.

Charles

dengwinters

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately today Bing apps stopped updating the tile for me. So you can disregard everything I posted above :)
There are lengthy topics about the issue on these forums but noone posted a solution that worked for everyone...

You can try to lower the number of background tasks running (but it didn't fix the issue for me).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos