Any idea when HTC is gonna release Win Phone 8.1 for 8x and other HTC phones?

AndyD14

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Just curious. I am reading a lot about Lumia/Nokia updates for 8.1 but nothing for any other brand of phone. Thanks.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Just curious. I am reading a lot about Lumia/Nokia updates for 8.1 but nothing for any other brand of phone. Thanks.

I think their stance (as far as T-Mobile is concerned at least) is "later this year". There was a post on here recently.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I read some time ago that they will release it soon. However I'm not sure if tmo will release it due to the fact that they didn't release gdr3.

AndyD14

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Seems funny to me that WinPhone 8.1 update is gonna be in preview mode next and 8.1 isn't even on half of all Windows Phone devices.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Discussions in the T-Mobile support forums has led many of us to believe T-Mobile basically abandoned the 8X before GDR3, so I'd be very surprised if we get 8.1 from them. For that reason I went the developers route to get 8.1 and I'm very happy with it.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Discussions in the T-Mobile support forums has led many of us to believe T-Mobile basically abandoned the 8X before GDR3, so I'd be very surprised if we get 8.1 from them. For that reason I went the developers route to get 8.1 and I'm very happy with it.

That's what I thought too.

TheFancyPanc

May 4, 2014
Visit site

I have mobile but I do have a factory unlocked model. I'm guessing that since I have gdr3 without developer preview that unlocked phones will be the first to get WP 8.1 independent of the carrier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss