Is this a sign that my 1020 is coming down with something?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
After one of the recent updates for the camera which I reluctantly installed( wanted to wait for Cyan :wink: ) In 2 to 3 days I get updates for System apps like network+ and display that is one each day. Is this a slow build up to the release date of CYAN. Has anybody else noticed something similar. I am using a AU CV 1020 RM-875.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
After one of the recent updates for the camera which I reluctantly installed( wanted to wait for Cyan :wink: ) In 2 to 3 days I get updates for System apps like network+ and display that is one each day. Is this a slow build up to the release date of CYAN. Has anybody else noticed something similar. I am using a AU CV 1020 RM-875.

Eh, I wouldn't look into it too closely.
I've gotten those updates at times with no update in sight, so I think you're just trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

I'd love to be wrong though.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Eh, I wouldn't look into it too closely.
I've gotten those updates at times with no update in sight, so I think you're just trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

I'd love to be wrong though.
and I would like to be right. The world is abuzz about Cyan and Cortana Now even in china and india and here we are with our 1020 specially in Aus where we tend to pay a higher price with AU and US dollar almost at parity while getting the most sluggish updates and service.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
While I have you here I might as well talk about some changes that I have noticed after some of the system updates. I dont know if this is included with Cyan or not. Maybe you have more know about this than me.

My photos shows living images :) but only when I acess it through the camera roll and not via photos and albums :( So if I have to show it off it is thru camera roll. Well it is better than not having it at all I suppose!
I can save edited photos as a new image and not loose the old one :)

The audio files from voice recorder used to have only play or stop functions and fwd rew controls would be accessed from the volume buttons. Now it is direct. :)

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Infact some of the things that I have seen in these itsy bitsy updates that are (were) popping up are the exact same ones that have been drummed up about Cyan. So what is Cyan going to actually do?

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Infact some of the things that I have seen in these itsy bitsy updates that are (were) popping up are the exact same ones that have been drummed up about Cyan. So what is Cyan going to actually do?
Cyan is a firmware update, not am os update. It may unlock the ability to do things but the os update is what brings the actual functionality.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Cyan is a firmware update, not am os update. It may unlock the ability to do things but the os update is what brings the actual functionality.

I was under the impression that the Cyan update was firmware and OS together. Now as per Daniel "Lumia Cyan is the third firmware update from Nokia's mobile division, now owned by Microsoft. Lumia Cyan is distributed in parallel with the Windows Phone 8.1 OS update, and provides the necessary drivers and APIs for specific Lumia devices. As such, it enables unique Lumia features like the PureView camera, Living Images and an updated Creative Studio editing app, in addition to optimizing the battery, performance, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, a revised Camera app and general telephony functions."

now the "tiny updates that I mentioned like the camera, studio, display and network+ they pretty much would cover what is mentioned above. So what is the buzz about?

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I was under the impression that the Cyan update was firmware and OS together. Now as per Daniel "Lumia Cyan is the third firmware update from Nokia's mobile division, now owned by Microsoft. Lumia Cyan is distributed in parallel with the Windows Phone 8.1 OS update, and provides the necessary drivers and APIs for specific Lumia devices. As such, it enables unique Lumia features like the PureView camera, Living Images and an updated Creative Studio editing app, in addition to optimizing the battery, performance, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, a revised Camera app and general telephony functions."

now the "tiny updates that I mentioned like the camera, studio, display and network+ they pretty much would cover what is mentioned above. So what is the buzz about?
When you said update, I assumed you were talking about wp8.1 update 1. If that is true then yes they are separate. Cyan is the firmware. 8.1 is the os. They are being publically released together as wp8.1 needs cyan to function correctly. For those of us with the 8.1 dev preview there are a few random bugs and features that wont work without cyan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon