Nokia Poor Hardware or Just Unlucky?

ciscomoto

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Three Lumia devices in and I am about done with Nokia hardware.

Lumia 800 - tank like build? Not for me, 18 months ago dropped onto a carpet in the lounge from the sofa, )(about 30 cm) dead and no recovery worked.

Nokia 520 - Bought for wife six months ago as she liked the windows look and personalized 'Start' screen. Two weeks of use and the screen died, device was replaced but the new unit had issues and rebooted constantly. She went back to her old Sony Xperia and I got a refund.

The Lumia 920 I got to replace the 800 (18 months ago you recall) is not developing a yellow stain in the middle and around the top and bottom edges of the screen which has left me hugely disappointed in the Nokia Lumia's now, I loved this phone and had an e71, e65 and an old Matrix style phone that all latest years without issues. I simply cannot bring myself to buy in to this hardware again, so either the I bin Windows and go back to either iOS / Android or give the HTC M8 One for Windows a shot.

Gutted :cry:

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd say you're just unlucky. Not extremely so because I've heard tales of people going through several units of the same phone. (yikes)

I don't think Nokia has any major quality issues like Palm's initial woes (talking about the Pre -'s launch) so I'm inclined to say you just got a couple bad units.
Same across the board, feel free to try others.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I'd say you're on freaky bad luck streak! I've had my 822 for almost two years, believe me it has taken some good falls and knocks, and never had a problem with it!

Erick Rmz

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I always was a Nokia fan, and when I got my 920, although I loved phone appearance, it's clear screen, even OS interface... It's battery disappointed me. Even some time a stripe appears to right side, and screen blinks slightly. Technical service rejects that there is a problem with the phone and only made hard resets. Nothing changed. Sadly I think this is my last Nokia phone as I think MS won't help to improve this area... They need to do something soon to avoid losing customers...
Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb