Cyan Update for Malaysia Region ROLLING OUT :-)

keremzaglul

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
That is great news.

I am using WP8.1 Dev Prew so that's why I'm not receiving the update I believe.

As you might recall because of a problem occurred in devices using WP8.1DP and Bitlocker (a safety program for company phones) together, Microsoft stopped sending updates to ALL devices with WP8.1DP.

Were you in WP8.1DP as well? If yes how you received the update? Did you downgrade to WP8.0 using Nokia Software Recovery tool in order to get the update?

Thank you :)

Speederoff

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
That is great news.

I am using WP8.1 Dev Prew so that's why I'm not receiving the update I believe.

As you might recall because of a problem occurred in devices using WP8.1DP and Bitlocker (a safety program for company phones) together, Microsoft stopped sending updates to ALL devices with WP8.1DP.

Were you in WP8.1DP as well? If yes how you received the update? Did you downgrade to WP8.0 using Nokia Software Recovery tool in order to get the update?

Thank you :)

Nope, I'm not from DP, pure 8.0 and get update OTA, you should downgrade back to official 8.0 then you update to 8.1.

keremzaglul

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
So can I ask your opinions/experience on battery life, general performance, camera performance, swipe/tap issue, heating problem etc. after upgrading to WP8.1&Cyan from WP8.0?

I am still in WP8.1 DP and thinking of waiting the GDR1 update expected next week. Once Microsoft solves bitlocker problem and lets Cyan firmware for DP users I can have it.

ikhwanZulkefli

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Aahh. No wonder i didn't get the update. I'm on DP 8.1.1 . I'll just wait for the cyan then. I don't want to go through the hassle of resetting.

ikhwanZulkefli

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
So can I ask your opinions/experience on battery life, general performance, camera performance, swipe/tap issue, heating problem etc. after upgrading to WP8.1&Cyan from WP8.0?

I am still in WP8.1 DP and thinking of waiting the GDR1 update expected next week. Once Microsoft solves bitlocker problem and lets Cyan firmware for DP users I can have it.

You still haven't got GDR1? I just updated it this morning

keremzaglul

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
You still haven't got GDR1? I just updated it this morning

I got the GDR1 the day after I wrote this message I believe : )

Nice update and new features but my problem is with stability. My phone's battery was lasting over a day easily. But after the PfD 8.1 on April and even with updates later on it now lasts 15-18 hours most.

I just hope the Bitlocker problem will be fixed and with Cyan update it will be back to good old days. Fingers crossed 😊

keremzaglul

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, still waiting update for the bitlocker problem though.. Hurry up Microsoft!!
Really why there is not even an information about the fix to the bitlocker problem?

I started to believe that Microsoft wants some users to stay on Black firmware so that they can compare and test the differences. What you think?

Nizam95

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Really why there is not even an information about the fix to the bitlocker problem?

I started to believe that Microsoft wants some users to stay on Black firmware so that they can compare and test the differences. What you think?

They'll fix it. Maybe it's just too complicated than it look. Or I just downgrade to 8. Done deal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99