Is there a way to turn off sounds at night (Lumia 930)

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Only just got the phone, and it's my first Windows phone so I'm still getting to grips with it so lots to learn, but one important thing for me - is it possible to set the sounds (ringer, notifications etc.) to automatically turn off at night and back on in the morning?

Or is there an app for it? I'm not sure what to search for.

One other thing, I can't figure out how to get back to open apps or how to close them, for example I tried the MixRadio app, left a track playing then went back to the home screen but couldn't find a way to get back to it to stop the track other than by clicking the icon on the home screen. I was surprised that outside of the app there was nothing to show the track playing, pause/start buttons etc.

Thanks.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Only just got the phone, and it's my first Windows phone so I'm still getting to grips with it so lots to learn, but one important thing for me - is it possible to set the sounds (ringer, notifications etc.) to automatically turn off at night and back on in the morning?
If Cortana is available to you, check out Quiet Hours

One other thing, I can't figure out how to get back to open apps or how to close them, for example I tried the MixRadio app, left a track playing then went back to the home screen but couldn't find a way to get back to it to stop the track other than by clicking the icon on the home screen. I was surprised that outside of the app there was nothing to show the track playing, pause/start buttons etc.
If track is playing, use Volume UP (or DOWN) to bring up Now Playing ... Long press on back arrow will display open apps

Thanks.

PabsTheGeek

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
One of my gripes with the phone is no easy way to put the phone in silent mode., I generally just turn all sounds down... Can't wait for Cortana!!!

nestie dela cruz

May 5, 2014
Visit site

Thanks.
Hi,
im using virtual volume control to keep on silent mode for notification and ringing tone as well. to pause the song that play go, make one click on volume button and automatic the control will pop up from the top,there you can pause and play or forward the song.

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Got it, thanks. Using flight mode was the first thing I thought of. Cortana beta due in the UK in a couple of days anyway so hopefully I can try the suggested Quiet Hours then.

I've never understood after all these years why many manufacturers have never included a basic app to shut down all sounds during certain times. I have a ?4 phone I got from Hong Kong that does it!

steppyhen

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
It frustrates me that Quiet Hours are linked to Cortana. Why must it be that way? I hope that it can be separated in a future update (maybe GDR2)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3