Dust in main camera?

uzeroni

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I was just cleaning my 1520 today and I noticed that there are tiny specks of dust right above the sensor (will attach later), is this enough to warrant a visit to the care center and complain about the OIS wobble too?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I say do it. My L920 has had dust in the front camera for a long time now and I just haven't bothered getting it looked at. I'm not into selfies. :p

Last edited:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
This is not really a problem that is that serious, but it may affect the proximity sensor in some capacity later on. Nothing a little compressed air can fix, after all.

Now, that wobbly OIS is something you should get looked at.

uzeroni

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I think you guys thought i mentioned the front facing camera. Well...
Untitled-1.png
Taken with a xenon flash and shadows boosted only because I saw it under direct sunlight. I fear that the OIS wobble will make those dust specks find their way into the lens of the sensor. And yes, i wiped the protective lens with a brand new microfiber cloth in a dust-free room. I'm that OCD :))

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I think you guys thought i mentioned the front facing camera. Well...
View attachment 74038
Taken with a xenon flash and shadows boosted only because I saw it under direct sunlight. I fear that the OIS wobble will make those dust specks find their way into the lens of the sensor. And yes, i wiped the protective lens with a brand new microfiber cloth in a dust-free room. I'm that OCD :))

Oh, I knew what you were talking about I was just mentioning dust is an issue with Lumias in general.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos