GUIDE to flashing WP8.1 rom (?) on L1520

monstervinvin

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
My phone is registered in HK and there's no update yet... Should i wait or flash a new rom

And if anyone of you did it can you please teach me on how to flash a new rom?
I'm currently downgraded to WP8 and i'm hating it haha... I don't wanna go back to WP8.1 dev preview as well. I hate the lags.

Pleaseee.. Anyone.

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm also on HK rom and I'd like to know if there's any downsides to flashing a rom different from the factory one. I'm using my RM-937 1520 in Canada.
I'm thinking about the UK CV rom, or the RM-938 1520.3 Rom (I read some people say it works on RM 937, while others say it doesn't function 100%... anyone can confirm?)
anyone with experience or knowledge regarding rom flashing, do you know if here are downsides of flashing to a rom different from the original?

Thanks!

nzrocketman

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
im on HK and I plug phone into Nokia Software Recovery Tool and it installed a Nother version on my phone. I have now lost 4g how do I go back

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm also on HK rom and I'd like to know if there's any downsides to flashing a rom different from the factory one. I'm using my RM-937 1520 in Canada.
I'm thinking about the UK CV rom, or the RM-938 1520.3 Rom (I read some people say it works on RM 937, while others say it doesn't function 100%... anyone can confirm?)
anyone with experience or knowledge regarding rom flashing, do you know if here are downsides of flashing to a rom different from the original?

Thanks!

Yea, I'd be careful with this... one guy tried this and lost the LTE bands for his area, and he couldn't restore them - even with the phone's original ROM.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same model. HK 937 running on Rogers. I flashed to the UK CV model in same color. No issues at all. Works perfectly normal. I wouldn't try a different model rom. Stick to same variant.

You won't lose bands if you load a rom that supports the same bands. I wouldn't try this on my Lumia 1020 as Euro version does not support same pentabands as the Rogers model

monstervinvin

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same model. HK 937 running on Rogers. I flashed to the UK CV model in same color. No issues at all. Works perfectly normal. I wouldn't try a different model rom. Stick to same variant.

You won't lose bands if you load a rom that supports the same bands. I wouldn't try this on my Lumia 1020 as Euro version does not support same pentabands as the Rogers model

my phone is an unlocked version since I'm not locked to any carrier

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
DONE! got my phone to UK ROM CYAN :) did run into a few problems at first (my nokia care suite was out dated, didn't support anything after 920) but now everything is good! :)

RNG816

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
So what does flashing rom benefit? Aside from getting 8.1 earlier. Are there any differences to the OS?

I have the same model as well, but on Fido.

blue1k, would you know if your rom would work with Fido's as well? I know Fido doesn't have the 700 band.

Also, since we have the international version, do we still get Cortana in the next update?

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Nope. The OS is same model number for UK for 937 meaning it wont affect any bands. I did it because I didn't want to wait and Euro roms seem to get faster updates.

And ya the 937 doesn't have 700 anyways. Wish it did. You can use 2600 to get LTE. No Cortana yet for Canada but all you need to is change region, language, and spoken language to USA to get Cortana

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster