I'm thinking of getting a 925--anything I should look for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
To be fair... You will be missing out on some really cool stuff by not being able to test 8.1. Like Cortana. She kicks some serious assistant.

I will echo the above comment: Here Drive is all you need for nav. Download your area's map for maximum effect. You will love the HUD in Drive. (I do anyway.)

Pin whatever you think you'll use to the Start Screen. That is what I love about Windows Phone. The things you use are close to the surface and readily accessible. That includes individual websites. Those can be pinned. Maybe try WizTiles as a custom tile maker...

Don't forget the power of Glance. LOVE my Glance and having notifications show by Icon and # of notification right there on my screen without unlocking the device.

Get signed in to all your accounts to leverage the Hub characteristics to maximum effect.

I never really hear anything about BB cameras... Try out the 925's camera a lot. It is, IMHO, a pretty decent shooter. I use my camera more on 925 than any other phone I've owned.

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
To be fair... You will be missing out on some really cool stuff by not being able to test 8.1. Like Cortana. She kicks some serious assistant.

I will echo the above comment: Here Drive is all you need for nav. Download your area's map for maximum effect. You will love the HUD in Drive. (I do anyway.)

Pin whatever you think you'll use to the Start Screen. That is what I love about Windows Phone. The things you use are close to the surface and readily accessible. That includes individual websites. Those can be pinned. Maybe try WizTiles as a custom tile maker...

Don't forget the power of Glance. LOVE my Glance and having notifications show by Icon and # of notification right there on my screen without unlocking the device.

Get signed in to all your accounts to leverage the Hub characteristics to maximum effect.

I never really hear anything about BB cameras... Try out the 925's camera a lot. It is, IMHO, a pretty decent shooter. I use my camera more on 925 than any other phone I've owned.
I heard glance eats up battery

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

not really, on a lot of devices it can, but thanks to 925's OLED screen, the battery consumption is barely noticeable, OLED screens have the unique ability to turn off pixels when it needs to make the color black, which not only makes screens look incredibly better, but also gives the advantage of low battery consumption, basically with glance screen, unless you use a background, that small clock isn't going to eat much battery at all, I my glance set to interval eats up about 5% battery a day, when I had it set to peek it only ate about 2% battery a day, I'm guessing having it on always will probably eat around 10% battery a day

what about cases something that will not add to much bulk.

heres the case I use: Nokia Lumia 925 Body Glove Fusion with DuraStand Case - White & Charcoal | T-Mobile
You can find thinner ones, but this is the thinnest one I could find that had a kickstand (which is something I've come to love and became a requirement in a case for me)

its not doing anything it's just setting there (Here Drive) how do you use it

in the bottom where it shows your current speed limit, you can press that bar and it will open a menu, to go somewhere press the "Set destination" button, follow the onscreen instructions and go from there

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

what about cases something that will not add to much bulk.

Yeah... Glance eating battery is a bit of a Boogeyman tale made to scare the little kids away.

Asskikulator, that is a schmexy case. Love the kickstand; my case has one as well. Amazon.com: MPERO IMPACT X Series Kickstand Case for Nokia Lumia 925 - Black / Red: Cell Phones & Accessories

I stand it up on the bedside table at night and my Glance is set to go Red (low light emission) during Quite Hours so I can see what time it is if I wake up... And, of course the phone is my alarm.

I used that case before I bought this one, loved it, and while it feels higher quality than my current one, I didnt like its bulkyness and it also kept ripping my screen protector off by the corners. Yea I love kickstands, I cant go without them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss