How is battery usage in Cyan & 8.1?

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I know there is a thread for Cyan/8.1, but it would be much easier to have a thread about the battery life in 8.1

How is your experience now that you have the official updates? I have the feeling that my phone is using more battery now. I did not have 8.1 DP before, only 8.0, and in flight mode at night, it hardly used any battery, even with glance always on. Now it uses 10%! How are your experiences with the battery? Maybe we should do a real test?

naqiuddin

May 17, 2014
Visit site
i think WP8.0 is more battery friendly than WP8.1 DP. when i use WP8, with minimal use i can stay till 2 days. but with WP8.1 DP, still not get 1 days. i don't update to Cyan yet. this is just my experience using WP8 and WP8.1 DP.

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Cyan doesnt help much in my case. Another night on flight mode, this time without glance, and it drained 12% in only 6 hours... Maybe I should do a hard reset?

naqiuddin

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I also try hard reset when fresh installed WP8.1 DP but also same battery drain. You can try hard reset if you want it too. Is your Lumia 1320 is update to Cyan right now?

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for my late reply. Yes, I got official Cyan and 8.1, no DP. Battery is not horrible, but really worse than before. I can not make it to 2 days anymore. Worse part is, my 1320 is only 3 weeks old.

ssk3g

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I went to WP 8.1 from DP via a downgrade and then and upgrade.
Stuck to no backup and restore.

The battery usage is something that I am happier than DP 8.1, earlier i used to find very good battery back up only on WIFI, with 3G the battery life was half of what i got on wifi, as i mostly use my phablet for corporate mail exchange account.

With the latest 8.1, i see that the battery performance with 3G has also improved considerably.

Will keep updating the thread on observations.

Few things.. I have battery saver enabled, vibration off, no vibrate for soft keys.

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I will do a soft reset too, I never done it before, and had a lot of updates. I never make backups, clean installs are usually better I think.

Ps. I also turned off a lot of background tasks, but according to battery saver, they don't use very much. In 8.0 I had the feeling that background tasks could sometimes hog up battery... It is all so weird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett