Calendar no longer working.

Alfetta159

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got 8.1 installed from ATT (US) on my 925, and now my calendar is greyed out and doesn't work.

No, I never did a developer preview.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140731_0002.png
    wp_ss_20140731_0002.png
    296.4 KB · Views: 4

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
This is the native calendar app, associated with your personal MS ID?

If so, go to settings > e-mail + accounts. Tap/hold Microsoft Account until sync option appears. In the Microsoft account, the only content to sync checkbox will be email, but it does sync the calendar, tasks, and contacts, as well.

Now, try accessing calendar from the app list instead of the live tile. If that works, delete the live tile and recreate it.

These are just suggestions. I'm still waiting for AT&T to greenlight the update for my Lumia 920, but I'm running the 8.1 DP. BTW, I like your color scheme.

Alfetta159

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, this is the native calendar app.

I didn't think of checking the accounts or re-syncing. I did unpin the live tile and try to use the app from the app list, but it was also greyed. I did ask Cortana to, "Open the calendar," and she tried and tried and tried, but nothing came of it. It was funny because Cortana could create an appointment at my request which did go to my Windows account calendar that I could see in Outlook.com, but the app just didn't want to work.

I decided to reset the phone and take advantage of the restorative feature. I haven't reset a phone probably since WP7 so having the phone set itself back is sure nice! So I've lost a few minor apps as they are NLA in the store, and I had to manually find a few as they have new names. But my calendar is now working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium