USB wiring for fast charge?

chrisgull

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
WP 8.1 warns that my car charger charges my 1520 slowly. What are the wiring criteria for fast charge on a 1520? Assuming charger can deliver voltage and current, of course.

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
If your charger can provide 1A at 5V, try changing your cable.. If the cable is low quality the voltage will drop within the cable and phone will not get the full 5V 1A.

chrisgull

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
If your charger can provide 1A at 5V, try changing your cable.. If the cable is low quality the voltage will drop within the cable and phone will not get the full 5V 1A.

Thanks... Really looking for wiring schematics at this point. Cable is not the issue.

kki75

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
To enable fast charging, the phone must detect USB D+ and D- are wired to each other. If not with what you have, you could cut and modify a USB cable, or modify the charger.

chrisgull

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
To enable fast charging, the phone must detect USB D+ and D- are wired to each other. If not with what you have, you could cut and modify a USB cable, or modify the charger.

Do you know of Samsung's android devices have the same requirement? I think my old N900 does.

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I think that is pretty much standard across phones, that data pins shorted means it's on an AC adapter rather than plugged into a laptop or whatever that can only deliver 500 mA. In another thread here people reported success with a "PortaPow" cable that's available from various sources, it comes with the pins already shorted and is apparently not too spendy.

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

Do you know of Samsung's android devices have the same requirement? I think my old N900 does.

Yes, they do. There are 4 pins to activate fast charge short pins 2 & 3 together. These are the data transfer pins. When the phone notice that these are shorted it knows no data transfer will happen and goes into fast charge mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion