Prerequisite before Upgrade

i_Neel

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello Guys,

I am using lumia 1320 in India, I want to upgrade my device form WP8.0 to WP8.1 .

But before upgrading, I would like to know the steps taken or anything which needs to be taken care.

Like data, contacts, SMS etc.

Do I lose all phone data in upgrade process ??

MY requirement is "I don't want to loose any phone data(Contacts, SMS etc)" for apps, I can reinstall it.

Can someone guide me out of this ???

i_Neel

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
you mean to say , If I run the upgrade from phone, I won't loose any data in my phone , are you sure buddy ??

anon(8763253)

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
You don't lose anything. You may lose app data so you'll have sign into facebook/twitter and other apps again. But contacts and stuff all stay

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

i_Neel

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Great ! Thanks Guys, Thn today itselft I will upgrade my phone form WP8.0 to WP8.1

One last question,

Do I loose the applications and games, means do I need to reinstall it again ?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When your phone is upgraded, NOTHING is lost.
Like, practically nothing, you may need to change a couple things, but otherwise it should be as it were.

However, some people like to hard reset (completely erase their phone) after a major update to help keep it running well.
If you hard reset, your contacts should be safe in the cloud service of choice, texts are synced to your MS account (just check the settings), app and game data is likely lost but it varies. (some apps are backed up if they opt in, some can export to Sky/OneDrive, some, like games, can sync somewhere.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon