GSM signal goes on my 1020

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all
My 1020 has started losing its GSM signal for no reason. Its done it twice now in 4 days. I havent had 8.1 DP on it, so its been on 8.0 Black the whole time.

When I go to make a phone call, I just get the familiar "beep Beep Beep" when it hasnt connected.. when I try to call my phone from a land line, it goes straight to voicemail, yet it still says "O2-UK" on the phone tile, still says 4G with all bars in the top left.

Yet as soon as I re-boot the phone.. its working as normal. I use my phone for my business so I cant have it doing this.

Ive removed and re-seated the Sim Card, could this be a faulty Sim or even worse a faulty phone

Anyone else experienced this or any advice

Thanks

Last edited:

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi all
My 1020 has started losing its GSM signal for no reason. Its done it twice now in 4 days. I havent had 8.1 DP on it, so its been on 8.0 Black the whole time.

When I go to make a phone call, I just get the familiar "beep Beep Beep" when it hasnt connected.. when I try to call my phone from a land line, it goes straight to voicemail, yet it still says "O2-UK" on the phone tile, still says 4G with all bars in the top left.

Yet as soon as I re-boot the phone.. its working as normal. I use my phone for my business so I cant have it doing this.

Ive removed and re-seated the Sim Card, could this be a faulty Sim or even worse a faulty phone

Anyone else experienced this or any advice

Thanks

i had the same issue with my lumia 720 and 820(sim unlocked from factory) on 8.1 DP with different carriers on both(Idea and Airtel)
turned out idea and airtel share a spectrum and are in a sorta partnership and all users of these carriers had this "call drop" issue regardless of the phone in use
the issue suddenly stopped last week and both phones are fine now

its the carriers fault not the sim or phone
btw if u dial a number and disconnect , does it show "call dropped" where it shows "dialing" , if so its the same issue which i had and only the carrier can resolve it imho

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
i had the same issue with my lumia 720 and 820(sim unlocked from factory) on 8.1 DP with different carriers on both(Idea and Airtel)
turned out idea and airtel share a spectrum and are in a sorta partnership and all users of these carriers had this "call drop" issue regardless of the phone in use
the issue suddenly stopped last week and both phones are fine now

its the carriers fault not the sim or phone
btw if u dial a number and disconnect , does it show "call dropped" where it shows "dialing" , if so its the same issue which i had and only the carrier can resolve it imho

Hi Thanks for the reply friend.. After reading your reply, I went into my local O2 store and they said one of the main masts covering my area has been faulty and under repair for the last WEEK, but they said when it happens.. connect over wifi for free calls and txts.

It didnt say "call dropped" no, it just beeped as if there was no connection made at all, yet it still said O2 uk on the phone tile.

Anyway, Im a happy man again :) ... thought my 1020 was dying

SOLVED!!

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi Thanks for the reply friend.. After reading your reply, I went into my local O2 store and they said one of the main masts covering my area has been faulty and under repair for the last WEEK, but they said when it happens.. connect over wifi for free calls and txts.

It didnt say "call dropped" no, it just beeped as if there was no connection made at all, yet it still said O2 uk on the phone tile.

Anyway, Im a happy man again :) ... thought my 1020 was dying

SOLVED!!

ohh it was a different issue
glad to hear it got solved!! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss