Getting a used 920. What to look out for?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Accelerometer issues. In the picture hub, make sure when you flip the phone that the image flips. Shake the device. There should be NO SOUND rattling around in it. Take photos, especially in low light. Be satisfied with the result. Connect the charger. Make sure it charges and if you have a wireless charger, be sure to see if it works. Shut it down. Restart it. It should be fully booted up in less than 40 seconds. Look for the usual wear and tear. Make sure you ask as many questions as you can think of and by all means and if the seller is "creative" in the explanation, leave it alone. if it is a private sale, GET A RECEIPT. They should sign that the phone is in perfect working condition. These phones are work horses. They don't quit and if you get a good one, you won't be disappointed. Good luck.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Many 920 users have a problem with the noise cancellation microphone that causes people on the other end of the call not to be able to hear you unless you go to speakerphone. I am one of them.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Is that a common fault with the product or something that I should look out for?

Something to look out for, and add that the 3.5mm jack at top and wireless charging works - with the 920, you can swap the housing, but you have to swap out the wireless charging "plate," while the top jack is just connected by a thin ribbon wire.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Something to look out for, and add that the 3.5mm jack at top and wireless charging works - with the 920, you can swap the housing, but you have to swap out the wireless charging "plate," while the top jack is just connected by a thin ribbon wire.
do I plug an earphone in to see if music plays?

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Always check the proximity sensor and front camera - to check the proximity sensor, Dial a number on the phone and cover the top half of the phone with your palm, the screen should black out and when you take your hand off, it should turn back on.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Accelerometer issues. In the picture hub, make sure when you flip the phone that the image flips. Shake the device. There should be NO SOUND rattling around in it. Take photos, especially in low light. Be satisfied with the result. Connect the charger. Make sure it charges and if you have a wireless charger, be sure to see if it works. Shut it down. Restart it. It should be fully booted up in less than 40 seconds. Look for the usual wear and tear. Make sure you ask as many questions as you can think of and by all means and if the seller is "creative" in the explanation, leave it alone. if it is a private sale, GET A RECEIPT. They should sign that the phone is in perfect working condition. These phones are work horses. They don't quit and if you get a good one, you won't be disappointed. Good luck.
Hi there thanks for the tips. I'm made to know that the original receipt has been lost. And he will modify a receipt from some shop which means the shop has no record of it(it doesn't exist in their records you see) therefore it is null in my own opinion. And the document which I have prepared, Stating that it is working perfectly, the product will come with the box and the things in the box except the earphone and is not stolen. He said he won't sign it on the basis that he is selling for his friend who is out of the country. All I have now is a bank slip of the deposit chum part payment which I made which has his name and bank account number including the whatsapp messages containing the clauses included in the document, which he did say yes(not stolen, working and will come with box that matches Imei number) In the event do take it, and something crops up will those be able to be used as proof?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac