Can't remove sd card

rcranium

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

I bought a 1520 and jammed it in the sim slot. It works fine but has recently periodically beenunreadable. I tried using tweezers, but was unable to remove it. I'm running dp 8.1.

Any ideas>

tia,

rc

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
You put an sd card in the sim slot instead of the slot for the sd card? Can you make and receive phone calls

rcranium

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I forgot to mention that the cover to the sim slot broke off.

Argh. I mean the cover to the sd card tray broke.

Last edited:

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to mention that the cover to the sim slot broke off.
Be careful with that tweezers and put it away for now. You should still be able to put the Tool inside the hole and push.

There is a lock mechanism that needs to be released. You need to put the Tool inside the hole and push to release it. Using force may break the lock mechanism too, then it won't stay in place.

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
So you jammed the sim and sd in the wrong slots, the sd card is now stuck inside and you also broke off the sim slot cover? Man, you need a lesson in handling things. *facepalm*

rcranium

May 20, 2013
Visit site
The SIM card and microsd card are in the right slots. I hate the sim tray design, it's totally retarded. They have to make a nano sim format because the phone is too small for a micro SIM card. Ntm that you need a tool to remove the tray. At least the 920 didn't require a tray though it did need the tool. Anyhow, as I was trying to remove the microsd card tray with the provided tool, the cover to the tray broke. The tray is still in there with my microsd card which works. I've been unable to disengage the spring which holds the tray in.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720