Battery 🔋 draining quickly after 8.1 official update

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that the first day with the official 8.1 with Cyan, my battery life increase dramatically. Them after the second day it went down the hill. Now I charge 100% and only last me 3/4 of what it used to be.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Many people did a hard reset... But you must leave the phone for a few days to see any improvement in battery life...
Guys, I just did a hard reset and fixed my battery issue. Do not attempt to do backup. Start fresh and you will see you battery life going normal again.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a 920 and since day one, if it fell to and edge 3g or edge connection, it was nearly impossible for it to ever go back to LTE without going to airplane mode and back. This is the stuff that drives me nuts with Windows Phones. I have issues that should be small things since it should be cleared up in a couple weeks to a month. Nope....two years later its excuses, excuses, excuses.

Dennis Wackendorff

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
The same problem here. After two days my phone Lumia 925 did a super decharge, it really went hot. After a reset it all works fine.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Same here. It even drains 14% off at night in flight mode, really stupid. In 8.0, I had 3 days battery life, now I can hardly make it to 2 days.

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that old and bad quality apps cause battery drain, even if they dont appear in battery saver they are still affecting battery life. Just about a week ago I noticed my phone was draining faster than usual and I was getting ready to reset the phone when I noticed that i had tons of apps that I didn't use installed.

So I went thru and cleaned up to just the apps I use on a daily basis. After this I've had normal 15 to 17 hr days when before this I was only getting 7 or 8 hrs tops.

So just fyi...

roadstar2

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if this is a stupid question. Will a hard reset affect the contacts that are stored on my sim card? It says at Nokia to take the sim card out when resetting.
I'm also having the same battery problem.
Thanks.

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes, L620, 8.1 Black, GDR1 batter down from around 36h to 20h after update. Same apps and settings as before, no Location/Cortana either. As always 'solution' seems to be Hard Reset will fix all bugs with the WP OS (or replace them with new ones!). Still GDR1 does give us the blinking Live Tiles distractions.

dipayanster

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
might be a calibration issue. on the first day after cyan i noticed battery drain is quicker. so i soft reset the phone at 50% battery. after soft reset, i see battery is 20%. Since then I am getting normal battery performance ( ~0-1% drain for 10 hours idle time with location// wifi on).

smrutiranjan727

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Any affect to data and apps after hard reset?

From the guys who did hard reset, I want to know whether doing hard reset will wipe all data and apps from my phone??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes