Lumia 630 - viber - no push notifications

Luca DOT

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I live in Senegal, and have installed Viber on a Lumia 630-one SIM device. It seems to be a problem with push notifications, e.g. not receiving alerts for incoming calls and text messages; all the settings are ON, for push notifications;
While checking with another Viber accounts of mine, it results that the Viber account on the Lumia is offline, getting online only when I open the app on the phone.
The app normally work in this country, while installed on other devices...
Is there anything I can do, in order to get push notifications working on this phone?
Thank you in advance

newVariable

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem with Lumia 630 dual-sim. Viber does not notify me of calls and messages, unless I open it.

I made sure that the app is allowed to run in the Background, but this did not fix it.

The problem seems to be in (Setting->Notifications+Actions) because the Viber app is not there. That's the issue I believe.

I tried to change the region and language, as well as uninstalling and downloading the app from different regions, but still no luck.

I have Viber on Lumia 1020, and the app works fine in the background. Also, I can find the app in (Setting->Notifications+Actions).

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Last edited:

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem with Lumia 630 dual-sim. Viber does not notify me of calls and messages, unless I open it.

I made sure that the app is allowed to run in the Background, but this did not fix it.

The problem seems to be in (Setting->Notifications+Actions) because the Viber app is not there. That's the issue I believe.

I tried to change the region and language, as well as uninstalling and downloading the app from different regions, but still no luck.

I have Viber on Lumia 1020, and the app works fine in the background. Also, I can find the app in (Setting->Notifications+Actions).

Anyone knows how to fix this?

mine is just working fine !
wp_ss_20140813_0001.pngwp_ss_20140813_0002.pngwp_ss_20140813_0003.png

newVariable

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Update: I have another lumia 630 dual-sim and it has the same problem. I guess it is an issue with the devices sold here in Kuwait. I will contact Nokia kuwait about it.

I tried reseting the phone from (About->Reset Your Phone).

I tried restarting the phone by holding the power button for 10 seconds.

I updated the phone to Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 (Developer Preview).

I tried Nokia Software Recovery Tool.

I have noticed that all the other apps, that I downloaded, do not appear in (Setting->Notifications+Actions) as well, not just Viber.

Here are some screenshots from the device.

wp_ss_20140813_0001.pngwp_ss_20140813_0002.pngwp_ss_20140813_0003.pngwp_ss_20140813_0004.pngwp_ss_20140813_0005.pngwp_ss_20140813_0006.png

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Last edited:

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Update: I have another lumia 630 dual-sim and it has the same problem. I guess it is an issue with the devices sold here in Kuwait. I will contact Nokia kuwait about it.

I tried reseting the phone from (About->Reset Your Phone).

I tried restarting the phone by holding the power button for 10 seconds.

I updated the phone to Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 (Developer Preview).

I tried Nokia Software Recovery Tool.

I have noticed that all the other apps, that I downloaded, do not appear in (Setting->Notifications+Actions) as well, not just Viber.

Here are some screenshots from the device.

View attachment 76434View attachment 76435View attachment 76436View attachment 76437View attachment 76438View attachment 76439

Any ideas on how to fix it?

all apps wont be listed in that .
try clicking that underlined text to switch through lists.
only apps with notification capabilities will be listed.

wp_ss_20140814_0001.png

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Did you see my first screenshot ?
Apps once when receive their first toast notification would start showing up in the notification settings menu. Looks like your app is running just fine, something to do with push notifications. Possibly a reinstall might work? Or just uninstall it, soft reset phone, reinstall it, soft reset phone and then activate it

newVariable

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Solved!

Follow these instructions:

1- The first time you turn the phone on, or after a hard reset (from About->Reset Your Phone), tick off "Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it" (Setting->Phone Update).

2- Install or run the apps that you want to have push notifications.

3- Those apps will send you push notifications now ;)

4- Now you can update your phone.

That's it.

Leo van Staveren

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Solved!

Follow these instructions:

1- The first time you turn the phone on, or after a hard reset (from About->Reset Your Phone), tick off "Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it" (Setting->Phone Update).

2- Install or run the apps that you want to have push notifications.

3- Those apps will send you push notifications now ;)

4- Now you can update your phone.

That's it.

Leo van Staveren

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Sorry I even tried that three times but still have the same problem. With "Viber" and "WhatsApp". My wive has the Lumia 520 and there the whole standard procedure was a peace of cake. Could it be true that we have some kind of conflict to each other because we are working on the same outlook account?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I even tried that three times but still have the same problem. With "Viber" and "WhatsApp". My wive has the Lumia 520 and there the whole standard procedure was a peace of cake. Could it be true that we have some kind of conflict to each other because we are working on the same outlook account?

I do not know how to solve your problem but in my family we use 3 phones with the same ms account and we have no problems with WhatsApp notifications. (We do not have viber).

But please check also the data sense app if you have no restrictions set.

Last edited:

mapanili

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Heb je bel en sms filter aan staan soms ???
Mijn man had dat aan staan, en kreeg als de telefoon op standby stond geen beltoon, als ie de telefoon aan deed kwam pas het bericht.
Bel en SMS filter uitgedaan en nu doet ie het wel

Google translate :)

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Update - Windows 10 mobile - Lumia 640 - viber with all updates as at 2016 january 8 - no push notifications at all. I have dive in and wait for the messages to sync. I have checked and set notifications to on. but this is the worst app that used for communication, but does not help you communicate at all

Esgita13

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I am having this same problem with Line. The push notifications are not coming or they are coming after 1 or 2 hours later. In my Notification+action center, Line is not listed.
I am using Lumia 520, latest version of Lumia (Denim)
Is there any way to solve this problem without resetting my phone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb