HTC 8X phone problems...

whitie iii

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
my HTC 8X randomly froze one day like 6 months after my 2 year contract ended and now it does not work..... first I held the power button to turn phone off and it just restarted the phone and got stuck on the HTC logo, could not for the life of me get it to turn off. The screen is just black now (dead battery?) and holding power just make it vibrate. Plugging it in does nothing and still has a black screen. When I got it to turn on, (being on charger) it got stuck on HTC logo so I removed charger, held held down power, it vibrated and it stayed off..... would like to at least get it to where I can get my data off the phone and restore it to factory or just get my data off the phone.... please help!

Sebastianx

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
my HTC 8X randomly froze one day like 6 months after my 2 year contract ended and now it does not work..... first I held the power button to turn phone off and it just restarted the phone and got stuck on the HTC logo, could not for the life of me get it to turn off. The screen is just black now (dead battery?) and holding power just make it vibrate. Plugging it in does nothing and still has a black screen. When I got it to turn on, (being on charger) it got stuck on HTC logo so I removed charger, held held down power, it vibrated and it stayed off..... would like to at least get it to where I can get my data off the phone and restore it to factory or just get my data off the phone.... please help!

Did you already try to do soft reset Power Button + Volume down pressed at the same time.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
The bad news is that outside of resetting the phone, i don't know what else to do, especially because you can't open up the phone to switch the battery out. You mentioned that it was 6 months after your contract ended. Can you just get a new phone?

whitie iii

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
The bad news is that outside of resetting the phone, i don't know what else to do, especially because you can't open up the phone to switch the battery out. You mentioned that it was 6 months after your contract ended. Can you just get a new phone?

I can but I don't feel like starting a new contract.... plus I was hoping to give the phone to mom when the time comes

whitie iii

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Oh ok. Got it. Have you tried charging it for about 6 hours? I know it seems excessive, but maybe the battery sensors just need to recalibrate.

no! will try that, but when it is on the charger it flashes the red battery icon and after awhile it restarts and gets stuck on the Att logo... that's farther than it has ever got in the last 3-4 days

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
no! will try that, but when it is on the charger it flashes the red battery icon and after awhile it restarts and gets stuck on the Att logo... that's farther than it has ever got in the last 3-4 days

How long has it been on the charger? Have you left it charging for 6 hours without unplugging it?

whitie iii

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
How long has it been on the charger? Have you left it charging for 6 hours without unplugging it?

when it froze, it was just pulled off the charger not even for 2 seconds.... I saw the phone was low on battery and plugged it in and it fully charged and when I pulled it off the charger it froze and has not worked since than... it's on the charger now and frozen on ATT logo

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
when it froze, it was just pulled off the charger not even for 2 seconds.... I saw the phone was low on battery and plugged it in and it fully charged and when I pulled it off the charger it froze and has not worked since than... it's on the charger now and frozen on ATT logo

Ok. Keep it charged for 6 hours and then see what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos