Tap / Scroll issue fixed in Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one who feel the problem is getting even worse on gdr1?

Nope, mine is worse than it has ever been. I've actually started to get mad at my phone... the place that it is worst though is in IE. The browser is completely unusable because of it - my favorite part though is the fact that long holding and tapping 'Open in New Tab' will open a new tab to load the new page, but the original tab will have loaded the page too! *eye roll*

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously considering an exchange to see if the new one behaves any better. Also because for whatever reason my power button is failing to wake up my phone sometimes, :crying:

Finally my wifi strength seems somewhat low, and I have seen some other people complain about it and getting replacements.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
No doubt the L920 is a beast of a phone.

I remember when I got it the worst of my problems was "if I hold it in this super weird angle and turn off all the lights in a dark room I will see that a bit of light leaks from some sides of the screen", haha. If only!

My issue now is that even though I have had my L1520 for only a week my L920 seems so ridiculously small. Not sure I can go back to a small screen! :grin:

crav4speed

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Actually, my 1520 hasn't had the double tap/scroll issue since updating to GDR1. It has been a few days since updating and no sign yet so I think it has been fixed. Did you guys hard reset after updating?

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Here we go with these treads again. There must be dozens by now proclaiming that this issue has been fixed over the months and it always proves not to be. This will not be be fixed. It's a hardware problem.

No, it's not a hardware problem. My tap issue was fixed permanently with both DP 8.1, and Cyan.
Why would it be a hardware problem? It's more likely to do with firmware - in particular my theory is to do with processing threads, as the problem always became more frequent on certain intensive apps, but was a lot milder on the OS.

Plus if it were a hardware problem, how come me and a few others have had the problem fixed through updates? It was a display or glance update that fixed it for me last time and in the entire time I used DP, and the entire time I used cyan, I haven't had the tap problem. However when I downgraded to 8.0 before Cyan, the problem came back. Then I got Cyan and it went away again.

I think the problem lies in the way the phone talks to the hardware, evidenced by the fact that when the issue doesn't occur the touchscreen works just fine; and the issue isn't always occurring in the exact same spot every time.

LongAnsi

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I also got this Tap/ Scroll issue. Yesterday i flashed My Rom from WP 8.1 Update 1 to WP 8.0 black and detected that My issue is gone. After that I updated my phone to WP 8.1 cyan then the issue came back. So I decided to flash my rom back to WP 8.0. And now I'm happy with WP8.0 without issue .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers