Tap / Scroll issue fixed in Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
It appears that this update fixed the tap / scroll issue, the screen responds differently to touch and scroll now and it seems to work really well so far.
Can anyone else confirm?

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It appears that this update fixed the tap / scroll issue, the screen responds differently to touch and scroll now and it seems to work really well so far.
Can anyone else confirm?

I've noticed a bit of a difference. Will have to test it over the next week and see if it has truly been fixed!!!

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I follow the issues with the screen sensitivity for months already before I decided last week to buy a 1520. And from what I have read it is always like that when you apply an update or reset the whole device to factory defaults, the problems seem to be gone / much improved - BUT only for a few days.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
That is correct, but this time, the screen responds differently to touch/scroll, so it may actually be fixed. Only time will tell.

I follow the issues with the screen sensitivity for months already before I decided last week to buy a 1520. And from what I have read it is always like that when you apply an update or reset the whole device to factory defaults, the problems seem to be gone / much improved - BUT only for a few days.

DARKFiB3R

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Is this where the screen jerks up or down really quick just as you are taking your finger away from scrolling? Still happens here too. Lumia 930

chrisgull

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Seems improved on mine - haven't seen any symptom over the last hour. Before 8.1.1 the problem was frequent. Crossing my fingers.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I feel like there are a few issues being tossed into this.

The "issue" where you attempt to scroll and it registers a click, is still present. I wouldn't expect a fix, its not limited to Lumia devices. Price you pay for high sensitivity screens, as of now.

This issue is painfully obvious on things like FB, Instagram or anything that is littered with images and links.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Here we go with these treads again. There must be dozens by now proclaiming that this issue has been fixed over the months and it always proves not to be. This will not be be fixed. It's a hardware problem.

shreadow

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Here we go with these treads again. There must be dozens by now proclaiming that this issue has been fixed over the months and it always proves not to be. This will not be be fixed. It's a hardware problem.

i THINK U R RIGHT
​THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE!!

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Of course it is still there because it is a hardware problem! Isn't it obvious to see? If it would be a software problem, then we all would experience in same level. But because it is a hardware problem you see people not having any issues while others do.
And that the problem appears to be gone after a wipe or the installation of an update is entirely caused by the fact that the device has just been rebooted and so the hardware re-initialized.
The 1520 is a relatively old phone. Also the fact that MS took over Nokia won't help at all. Support for Android devices has already been closed. And for the Nokia phones it is likely the same the the screen issue is not being investigated or fixed as it's likely a hardware problem that could trigger a recall of many devices. MS heads straight to releasing new phones under their name so the old Nokia phones are pretty much abandoned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion