WP DP 8.1 to offical 8.1

ssk3g

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
All,

After seeing so many threads but couldnt pin point to one thread which captures the entire procedure, I am listing down my experience of how i upgraded from DP(Developers Preview) 8.1 to official 8.1 on my lumia 1320 Indian version( RM994).

Yes, I never saw the official update when i check my phone, which i guess is due to MS finding issues, where they are not able to migrate the DP 8.1 to official 8.1 as of now.

So, after going through numerous threads, finally decided to give it a try to downgrade my phone to WP 8.0 and then try to update.

1. First thing is you need the Nokia software recovery tool.
2. Here is the surprise, Nokia software recovery tool showed me that the version that it can flash was the same that I've on my phone which is the DP.
3. I was a bit concerned here as I thought that there was no way to downgrade the phone.
4. Interestingly till it downloaded (1.48 GB) and flashed phone, the nokia tool was displaying the DP SW version all throughout.
5. Finally when it booted up, it was on WP 8.0 .... phew :)
6. Now, started the base installation and phone preparation.
7. Next was the update procedure via phone -- setting-- update.
8. First attempt you get a small package, which lays the ground work for 8.1 update.
9. After this update, the phone restarts, now when you check you get the latest 8.1 availability.

Everything went through fine.. and I've my lumia on latest 8.1, from DP 8.1.

Hope this helps.
Ssk

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720