Help me go back to Lumia Black from Cyan (pics inside)

Non Chalant

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
After the cyan update, I notice the phone stutters here and there (slight animation lag and keyboard lag). It's just enough to annoy me, but not all the time. The phone was more fluid on 8.0.
I read on these forums a few days back that a guy was able to solve this issue by downgrading without allowing the phone to backup, and from a fresh reset, upgraded and manually put all his information back onto the phone, all fresh from the oven.

I want to try this, but I've never used Nokia Recovery. I've heard some horror stories that people screwed up their phones trying to install roms ect with nokia recovery, but my question is.......

For a person with a lot of common sense, what are the some of the risks of me downgrading my 1520.3 OS to 8.1 from Cyan? Basically all I'm trying to do is plug the phone to the PC, push a button, let Nokia recovery do its thing, and be done with it.

Also, please let me know of anything I should know that may be important before I attempt this process. Thanks guys!

After installing the Recovery tool and connecting the phone, I get this screen. Is that software version # referring to WP 8.0?
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

rajamass

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
as per theory you can not roll back to Black firmware when you are updated to Cyan, the Nokia Recovery tool will not show Black if Cyan is available in your country or region

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
as per theory you can not roll back to Black firmware when you are updated to Cyan, the Nokia Recovery tool will not show Black if Cyan is available in your country or region
That's not correct. Nokia Care Suite, which I am checking daily, is still reporting the older ROM 1028.3562.1402.0001 which is the original package that comes with Windows Phone 8 and Lumia Black. When you flash it to your phone, the ROM in your phone is modified so that when it restarts/resets you will be presented with the WP8 setup and Lumia Black, and you will have to download Preview For Developers to download and install the 8.1 DP.

Last edited:

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've read here that many have downgraded to a previous firmware though
You better hurry up if you want to revert back to Black. Once Nokia/Microsoft push the new ROM on their servers, these tools won't be able to download and flash Lumia Black anymore.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss