Call me crazy

BigCTM

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
but I just ordered the Icon today on a whim. I was out of town last week with my LG G2 and got sick and tired of sorry pics and videos. I am 'trying out' the Icon hoping the camera and video is as good as most of the reviews say. I could care less about apps and all that stuff (except Amazon MP3). Is this app available yet? Not from what I have seen...I can just download them to my PC and load them that way. It will be interesting!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just check windowsphone.com (can browse the store there) - i don't know off the top of my head.

but welcome to the club!

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a proud Icon owner, you're gonna love it. Through all this paranoia over the potential lack of another flagship for the end of the year I was unfazed because I know I have a flagship quality phone already with the specs to go toe to toe with anything out there.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
The icon is an excellent phone, when I had it I was able to take pictures I didn't know any smartphone was capable of. Low light photos weren't as good as my 928 though (IMO).

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

benkrogh

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I also purchased an Icon, but that was after owning a Lumia 900 and 920, so I'm a big WP fan. It's a beautiful phone!

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Not even looking at the OS, the weight and feel of the phone just screams high quality. It makes every other plastic android phone feel like fisher price. I never got why people go gaga over the galaxy s series....

BigCTM

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I received my phone yesterday and first impressions are positive as I thought they would be. I used the Trophy quite a bit. The screen is incredible. I thought the G2 had a great screen until I used this one. The operating system is smooth. The camera is much better even with the slight shutter delay. Some of the apps are a joke compared to Android but not a big deal either. I can use mobile sites in many cases. I like the pillow charger that came with it too!

Three improvements I would like to see are better vibration (it is way too weak), the name of the person in text messaging in addition to the phone number and predictive phone numbers when dialing and not using bluetooth. For example, if I type in the first 2 digits in a phone number, it would display all numbers that have those as the first 2 numbers.

Overall my first impressions are positive. Unlike some, I find Windows Phone easy to learn. I do think linking email accounts could be easier and a little more intuitive though. It should be more popular than it is but many will unfortunately believe joke reviews like those on the Verge (Apple fanboys).

jdfry15

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Use rapdialer to make calls. It will do what you are looking for. The dialer is awful in WP in my opinion. I switch back and forth from the icon and the g3.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You know why no one called you crazy? Because the Nokia Lumia Icon is a wonderful device running a fantastically snappy and functional operating system that's original and unique in the marketplace.

It also helps that this is the largest Nokia Lumia Icon subsection on the largest Windows Phone Fan forum on the web.

You like your Icon? We're not surprised one bit. Welcome aboard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett